Quantcast

!@#$% It's Finally Friday GMT%$#@!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not to be sexist or anything, but why does it seem like the majority of women I'm surrounded by are unable to interact with technology? Both young and old, they are either perplexed or too lazy to figure out how to work things and punt it to the man in their life. I swear my wife is under the impression that at a young age I was sent off to man school where I learned how to fix anything and everything.
I don't think it is at all. Wifey grew up with her mom until she left for college and her mom is technologically useless. Her dorms and sorority were setup for her by the floor RA and houseboy. After school, she moved to the City and her b/f set everything up - because that's what we guys do, because we can. Since meeting me, I have taken care of everything because it's easier for me to do it than teach her. She's has no reason to learn a lot of technology because she hasn't been forced to or had any interest in it. Now that we are cable cutting, she'll have to learn how to navigate Fire Stick to get to her shows, but there's not much to it. She just hasn't needed to learn, so she hasn't. She also has no interest in figuring out how to do it, because she hasn't needed to. As for you, you kind of did go off to that school and got an engineering degree.

For extra amusement, I setup the Magic Jack this morning for phone service. This is the email chain once I got to work:

Wifey: Phone doesn't work. I just get a busy signal when I try to dial out. Does it need to be reset or something?
Me: Try. Go under the desk and unplug the LAN connection and unplug the USB. Count to 10 and plug everything back in again. It should work, as the magic jack is active.
Wifey: Works. Thanks!

Most "tech savy" people know to unplug it, count to 10, and plug it back in before asking for help. Some people however never learned that or look at "tech" like it has mystical powers. Jalopnik had a great commentary on it earlier this week: http://jalopnik.com/comment-of-the-day-the-real-reason-why-cars-have-engin-1795522314

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The "big loop" can have 3-4'k of climbing, depending on add-ons.

If you're talking shuttles, let's shuttle something worthwhile ;)
Did somebody say Warren Gulch? Because I thought I heard somebody say Warren Gulch.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just chatted with a coworker about riding season. Talked about his Foes and the history of forks he's had, from White Bros., to Fox, to a Dorado. Man, I miss bike gear.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Will do. I'll be making substantial changes re: internet at the same time, so it won't be a "pure sampling". Home network coverage will be the indicator here, as my basement has shit speed and WiFi connectivity.
Fair enough. Im more interested in it for expanding coverage around the house and it's ability to handle a plethora of devices and/or gaming. I literally bought a wifi router at Costco the day before Google dropped thier wifi. Had I but known......

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fair enough. Im more interested in it for expanding coverage around the house and it's ability to handle a plethora of devices and/or gaming. I literally bought a wifi router at Costco the day before Google dropped thier wifi. Had I but known......
Costco lets you return shit years later, let alone a week later...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have no new technology to deal with but my RockyMounts bike rack did arrive today, does not look too complicated except for the trailer hitch I haven't had installed yet. Also went for short rail ride this mornimg, 50 degrees and still air. It was nice but my legs are shot. I need rest.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Might do a shakedown ride of my newly too small wheeled even though they're bigger than my old DH bikes wheels DH bike down Apex this evening. Just need to convince the wife to come and collect me at the bottom. No way am I trying to ride a 36/28 low geared DH bike back up a 1300ft climb.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You're broken. I have nothing else to add to this statement.
The worst we've done recently was the 50 miles, 9000ft covering Chimpex, Mountain Lion and most of White Ranch. The worst part of that was the gravel road climb heading back from Mountain Lion to WR...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Currently at the Honda dealership getting the serpentine belt replaced on the Toaster. Can't help but over hear a woman in her late 50s dressed like a 20 year old party girl, pilled out, slurring her words and yapping about going to bars and getting trashed.

So glad I am completely removed from that lifestyle.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OMG, all these years and I just now get around to trying it. Wow, just wow. Seriously one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.

It was $12 and amazing. The cut is an inch thick and cooked perfect.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In other news, the sister of my friend who lost his battle with brain cancer wants to"get together sometime".

In other news, I just yelled at a 16yo (or so) visitor of neighbors who parked his $50k truck right on top of a tree sapling I planted last spring. Luckily tree bent and didn't break. Someone killed another tree I planted like that a few months ago. Living in a hood with little affluent entitled fucks is hard...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Why bread, Precious? Why bread?? :confused:
Cibata, same as the Schnitzelwich with Arugala and mustard aioli, so damn tasty. The bread is what makes it a sandwich, otherwise it is just a filet. It could stand on it's own for sure, but it made for seriously one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.

But without the bread, it goes from amazing sandwich to just a really good steak that you can't eat on the run.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bike overhaul complete including new shifter cable/housing. Felt quiet on pavement, shake down ride tomorrow.
Now some hard decisions - G&T or Gin Buck? :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

In other news, I just yelled at a 16yo (or so) visitor of neighbors who parked his $50k truck right on top of a tree sapling I planted last spring. Luckily tree bent and didn't break. Someone killed another tree I planted like that a few months ago. Living in a hood with little affluent entitled fucks is hard...
KILL HIS BRO DOZER

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

slice the valve stems off his tires.