Quantcast

its finished

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
now that i have a proper seat and post, and comfy grips. heres a pic.
and geo:
HA:71
SA:72
bb drop:36mm
effective tt length: 22.75
chainstay length:16.2 to 15.1"
total wieght: 25 pounds
frame wieght: 4.5 pounds
and i am sort of thinking about building bikes in the future to sell, so i guess what im asking is would you consider buying one? my next frame will have a gusset or two and better tire clearance for the rear end, but this is the first one, hopefully of many. also id offer custom geo too if i start building em.

Attachments

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
holy shit is that a pargyle with 409 lowers?

ohhh and the rear looks a little sketchy with the thin tubbing

Last edited:

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
the stays are way to small for me. add the leverage from the tire and axel, it doesnt look like a good combination

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
the stays are way to small for me. add the leverage from the tire and axel, it doesnt look like a good combination
Too long? What kind of riding do you do that would require longer than 16.2? Hill climbing exclusively, XC? His stays are conservative. Most people that ride trails would only ride it at 15.1.

PS. So cool that you built your own frame dude. Riding it must be more rewarding.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
he is saying the tubing is too small not too short.

i might be interested if they were pretty cheap but i doubt they will be...nice though i wish i could weld...but i have no natural talent for it

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my fallguy frame weighs a bit over 5 pounds... most bmx guys wont ride a frame under 5 pounds. I think 4.5 pounds for a 26 inch frame is sacrificing strength some where

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
my fallguy frame weighs a bit over 5 pounds... most bmx guys wont ride a frame under 5 pounds. I think 4.5 pounds for a 26 inch frame is sacrificing strength some where
everything is double externally butted tubes, where most steel dj hardtails and bmx bikes are made from straight 4130 chromoly. and the seatstays are thick but small diameter. ever look how small superco's are??? plus i didnt put any gussets on the bike which also saves wieght but i am for the most part a smooth rider. most bikes these days are still tremendously overbuilt due to liability. so the wieght isnt that fu kin amazing if your not ignorant.