Quantcast

$$$ It's Friday Bitches GMT $$$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coffee, work, car test drive, bike (??), laundry.

I need to renew my health card by tomorrow, but I cannot find my passport or my birth certificate, to prove that I am actually a Canadian citizen. Said birth certificate is inside my passport. :banghead:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sister in law and a cousin are coming for a visit. There will be an estrogen overload in the house. I am going to hang out in the camper doing an install of a back up camera system on Saturday then going Kayaking or Biking of Sunday. I call it constuctive avoidance.:cheers:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Coffee, work, car test drive, bike (??), laundry.

I need to renew my health card by tomorrow, but I cannot find my passport or my birth certificate, to prove that I am actually a Canadian citizen. Said birth certificate is inside my passport. :banghead:
This reminds me - I saw an early 2000s Mazda 5 on the way to the trails yesterday so, if you can find it in Montana it is NOT a unicorn. :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ride last night was a mitigated success. we bit off more than we could chew. on hindsight, starting a 3 hour ride at 6:30 isn't the best idea as we had to cut it short. But in the end we rode some good segments and had fun. post-ride takeout shawarma at my buddy's place were stellar, as were the couple of Paulaners I downed immediately upon arrival. I just discovered it a couple of weeks ago, and it may well become my go-to beer this summer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Listed a bunch of shit on Craigslist last night so I won't have to deal with it anymore. Other than that, not much to report here, not much at all.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am planning to survive unnoticed today. Intense work sprint right after returning from vacation makes me moar tired than before I left, agile development is the new slavery method.

Bike this evening. New dentist spokes for rear wheel rebuild should be here soon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Haley decided that she wanted to cuddle last night. At 2am. Makes it really hard to sleep when she's flush against you and you're trying not to suffocate her.

I didn't get the expected hell from Wifey about the speeding ticket. She started to complain that despite how fast my car is, that I shouldn't drive that way, yadda, yadda. When I told her I was in the Subie and expanded out the "cost" of the ticket vs. time saved she just let it go.

Haley's birthday party is tomorrow. Not looking forward to that shit show. There are two other kids whose birthdays are +/- 3 days, so it's a giant party. Looking forward to the Front Range Monkey ride on Sunday and dragging my ass up mean hills in non-sheltered, brutal sun goodness.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I didn't get the expected hell from Wifey about the speeding ticket. She started to complain that despite how fast my car is, that I shouldn't drive that way, yadda, yadda. When I told her I was in the Subie and expanded out the "cost" of the ticket vs. time saved she just let it go.
Do you look at all your life events through the optics of money? How about the car insurance impact, no hike?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good Morning Monkies! I rode a Yeti SB6 for 20 minutes last night... @Toshi what are your renting for this weekend? You should rent a Yeti.
From my ride pics thread:

Santa Cruz Bronson reserved for June 12!

(Probably won't be pink. X01 so should be a 1x setup.)

:monkey:
Mornin! :wave:

Listed a bunch of shit on Craigslist last night so I won't have to deal with it anymore. Other than that, not much to report here, not much at all.
The problem with this is that you now get to deal with Craigslist flakes for the next two weeks. I've taken to just donating things if their used worth is even close to claimable deduction * marginal rate.

I rode in today again. Downed two antihistamines this morning but still sneezing like a champ... but only here in the reading room and not on the trail. Hmm. Am I allergic to work?! Can I get disability for this? :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you look at all your life events through the optics of money? How about the car insurance impact, no hike?
Sadly, yes. Shitty downside to my job. I look at money all day, every day and how it effects people long term. And the value of time, as it is a limited resource.

From a personal money perspective, even though I ended up growing up in (and currently am in) an upper middle class household, we were homeless for a while living out of a van when I was young. It's like the people who grew up in the Great Depression; that type of mentality/scarring never goes away. Sometimes I spend frivolously and unnecessarily (cars), but I know where every dime goes and how to maximize what we have and that includes time. It's particularly important for Wifey, because as Sr Mgmt at her company, time when she isn't working is incredibly valuable and limited.

Shouldn't be an impact from insurance, as it was a single occurrence over a very long time period. It's trending that really gets you.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
On today's episode of I Can't Believe We're Doing This Again, we'll see if mandown can successfully avoid trying to use the Vader mind-choke on a conference call, if he can successfully sneak out of the office early, and how much additional tooth work will be suggested by his dentist at his mid day cleaning.

Let's watch...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I got a set of straightline amp platforms - my set of boomslangs do not work well with the crabon cranks as the socket is inset too deep and requires 2 spindle washers per pedal. Y'all have a nice e lunch -I'm off to the trails.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 days of riding in the park plus riding to work. My legs need a day off tomorrow. But great rebound after I had been down with allergies for 1½ week.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today is food truck Friday. I'll be there in my fashionable hi-viz riding outfit. :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I was in ass-pain's office for a conference call to discuss my Rick Roll spreadsheet. He hadn't looked at it yet, and I watched him open it the first time... And BOOM. Then I told him he needed to go to another tab in the workbook (which had an Iron Maiden image inserted). Once there, he clicked on a link in that page, which took him back to the Rick Roll. Double BOOM.

My work here is done.
Actually, I offered to buy my direct report lunch if she'd do my work today. She declined.

And now, dentist time.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just knocked out my 1 mile lunchtime walk. Sweaty balls. I'm out of shape. Back to CFP study work.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Do I go and buy 3 yards of crushed granite to make a nice pretty walkway at my house this weekend like a good home owning grown up or ride bikes in the woods? Accomplishing things on the "list" is nice. Riding bikes and drinking beer is also nice. Decisions, decisions......

New Sumac record came out today.