Quantcast

$$$ It's Friday Bitches GMT $$$

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Saw a cute young lady walking through Becerly Hills, and as I observed her bruised knees, courtesy of her short skirt, all I could think of were variations of ways that might have come to be.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So back from my glorious XC crawl along the river with my new Straightline Amp pedals, they are lightweight but merely average in grip. I wore a 10 year old pair of Six Six Ones with ageing rubber so that may have been part of it. While climbing I hit the pedals on rocks enough to lose footing and come down in a bad position forcing me to continue a hard pedal with an uncentered foot or come to stop and start again. I don't like starting a climb in the middle of a hill on flats. :monkey:

In terms of grip the Specialized Boomslang are one billion percent better, your hits won't shake your grip.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just before yesterday's ride my left middle finger was feeling stiff like it needed cracking, which usually provides immediately relief. But it just kept getting worse. Can barely hold the handlebar so taking Alieve and icing it.

Don't think it's gout related, and being only one finger, probably not another form of arthritis. Worried it could be a tendon problem, really hope not.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just before yesterday's ride my left middle finger was feeling stiff like it needed cracking, which usually provides immediately relief. But it just kept getting worse. Can barely hold the handlebar so taking Alieve and icing it.

Don't think it's gout related, and being only one finger, probably not another form of arthritis. Worried it could be a tendon problem, really hope not.
I have exactly the same symptoms in one pair of gloves. They must be causing some pressure on a nerve somewhere.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do I go and buy 3 yards of crushed granite to make a nice pretty walkway at my house this weekend like a good home owning grown up or ride bikes in the woods? Accomplishing things on the "list" is nice. Riding bikes and drinking beer is also nice. Decisions, decisions......

New Sumac record came out today.
Split the difference.
Dump 3 yards of crushed granite in the street in front of your house, then let it fester for weeks while you spend your time riding.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Woot, woot!!! 5PM central time on the dot - bank wire received for my share of recently sold investment property. After setting aside 25% of net gain for retirement, 28% for capital gains tax I'll have enough left over for some proper dentistry. I have an appointment a D A Davidson rep on the 15th. I hope its not an intern... its been a fucking good week. Now I will drink scotch and pretend I'm a fat cat.

Last edited: