Quantcast

it's funny how your perspective can change

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm sitting here at work and some Nickelback song comes on...

A few years ago I wouldn't have thought much of it (other than it being crappy music), but now all I can think about is the fact that my kids will be listening to this crap in a few years, and I'm VERY aware of all the very obvious sexual references.

Funny how kids change EVERYTHING.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I so agree. I made the mistake of taking my then 14 year old son to see the South Park movie. I figured he and I watched the show together, what would it hurt? Oops, my bad.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Just raise them in the church. Between church camp in the summer and alter service throughout the year, they'll be sure to avoid all sexual activity...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
sam_little said:
Just raise them in the church. Between church camp in the summer and alter service throughout the year, they'll be sure to avoid all sexual activity...
I had my first real sexual experience at church camp! Catholic school girls rule! (chili pepper reference).

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
sam_little said:
now this is the best comment I have heard all day. Do you really think just because they are in summer camp and alter service that "sex" will be completely hidden from them? Hell if your kids are doing catholic :redhot: alter service your just asking for them to learn all about sex the wrong way.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Konabumm said:
Do you really think just because they are in summer camp and alter service that "sex" will be completely hidden from them?
I think you need to have your sarcasm meter serviced. It appears to be broken.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Konabumm said:
now this is the best comment I have heard all day. Do you really think just because they are in summer camp and alter service that "sex" will be completely hidden from them? Hell if your kids are doing catholic :redhot: alter service your just asking for them to learn all about sex the wrong way.
Man, you really know how to live up to your custom title.:rolleyes:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Church camp booty is the best kind. I remember a few flings I had there. They weren't catholic girls, but they were repressed and when giving the chance they cut loose. :heart:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
jimmydean said:
I so agree. I made the mistake of taking my then 14 year old son to see the South Park movie. I figured he and I watched the show together, what would it hurt? Oops, my bad.
"Remember what the MPAA says: Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words." :clue:

It has to be better than the parents of the 7-8 year olds that I saw hustling them out of the theater 1/4 of the way into Starship Troopers. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
At 33, I thought I had seen some changes. From SchoolHouse Rock to the debut of MTV.....one wouldn't think that music could be that shocking anymore. But even I had to do one of these --->:nonono: when I heard the Buck Cherry tune, "Crazy Bitch."

Woah.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Yeah, there's a teenage kid next door is aways wearing the same Misfits t-shirt every day. I'd trust that little twinky-eater just about as far as I could throw him.

Why? Because I *was* that kid 15 years ago and I know I was sketchy and up to no good.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
jdschall said:
Yeah, there's a teenage kid next door is aways wearing the same Misfits t-shirt every day. I'd trust that little twinky-eater just about as far as I could throw him.

Why? Because I *was* that kid 15 years ago and I know I was sketchy and up to no good.
You old people sure are funny. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jacksonpt said:
I'm sitting here at work and some Nickelback song comes on...
At that point I would have grabbed a sharp object and punctured my ear drums....