Quantcast

its gonna get hot

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Waaaaah. It was over 100 here a week or so ago. It didn't even feel that bad; I was riding.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i was watching f1 qualifieng yesterday and they were commenting on how it wasn't raining for the whole session and how the medics were getting extra back up incase of ppl getting sun stroke. :rofl:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
I can ride up to about 100F. At that point I throw in the towel.

Of course it's a dry heat. :p
Here in the south, its so freaking humid, that at around 90F, Im not riding unless I REALLY need to.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
BurlyShirley said:
Here in the south, its so freaking humid, that at around 90F, Im not riding unless I REALLY need to.
:stupid:

it was 98 yesterday. humidity had to have been around 70%. I couldn't move much less think about riding.

I've decided thats why people in the south are so slow, the slower you move the slower you heat up.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stinkyboy said:
The weathermen say it's gonna be "a warm week in Phoenix"

What'r you in a desert or something??

We're lucky right now, its 76F and dry for a change.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jamasonbmbry said:
Yep, humidity is a b!tch here in the south. People don't realize it until their here to be in it. Sucks really bad.
Yeah,

But that's not to say that Phoenix isnt really ****ing hot too. Its hot on another kind of level in that place.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jamasonbmbry said:
Yep, humidity is a b!tch here in the south. People don't realize it until their here to be in it. Sucks really bad.

FYI: Tenn is NOT in the real South... come down to Louisiana sometime... :dead:

But we ride anyway. I hit the trail every afternoon at 5PM.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
try 36 degrees with 90% humidity.:dead: cant wait to see how it is in europe, where you have to wear body amour just to keep warm. :)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stinkyboy said:
So you're going straight XC now huh?

:nonono:
Well, pretty much. I still do some trialsy stuff. And Ill do bigger drops on my HT than most people will do on their fullies, but yeah, trail riding is the key.