Quantcast

It's Here! (56k beware)

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The new Commençal just arrived! It's super light....love it! Probably going to take the afternoon off to break it in so I can post a review.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oohdang lookettda bling. Just make sure you only ride that thing between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Pinkies up, b!tches.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I like. Have you been riding the brakes? Please give the down low on them.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The brakes are Formula Oro K18s. I haven't had a chance to really test them yet, but from the minor goofing around I've done so far I like them a lot. My only beef is they may just have TOO MUCH stopping power...going to have to adjust my sensitivity on the front brake.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ridemonkey said:
The brakes are Formula Oro K18s. I haven't had a chance to really test them yet, but from the minor goofing around I've done so far I like them a lot. My only beef is they may just have TOO MUCH stopping power...going to have to adjust my sensitivity on the front brake.
The Oros have a buttload of stopping power. Burn them in and they modulate even better than Juicys (imho).

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Can you snap some shots from a couple of angles, including the backside of the levers? I am strangely intrigued by them. I would think they feel really nice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, that is a good looking frame! I wish someone around here would carry them so I can drool in person. Get riding and get reviewing!

Same goes for the brakes. The only shop I know of is Universal Cycles and they are way out by the airport.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
If I spot such a bike riding around with a monkey on it, do i get to cheer and wave my arms like a spastic baboon?

I'll spot you a couple beers if so...

N.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
22lbs! GEEZE, I've pushing 14 more uphill every day. Guess that's the cane creek shock that weighs that much.

As to getting a new Commencal... CONSIDERING I see the LINK at the top of the page, I TAKE it you got a VERY good AT COST discount on special pricing thus the reason for the new ride.

Must me NIIIIIIIIiiiiice!

Hold on a sec? Like the shark that rammed the girl in the inner tube on the Hostess Cup Cakes commercial said, "AY! Where's the cream filling!!?" If you get my drift. I don't see no rear suspension on that thang! Where's the rear suspension!? Must return bike. Must get full suspension model. Must do it now. Must call and offer Commencal larger bribe for MUCH LARGER link at top of page to get full suspension model. Must get to phone.:rofl:

Man I gotta start a website and see if I can get Intense to buy in with one of those link thingys at the top of the page so I can get a new bike dirt cheap... I could use a new M3 at cost. :D

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Chunky Munkey said:
22lbs! GEEZE, I've pushing 14 more uphill every day. Guess that's the cane creek shock that weighs that much.

As to getting a new Commencal... CONSIDERING I see the LINK at the top of the page, I TAKE it you got a VERY good AT COST discount on special pricing thus the reason for the new ride.

Must me NIIIIIIIIiiiiice!

Hold on a sec? Like the shark that rammed the girl in the inner tube on the Hostess Cup Cakes commercial said, "AY! Where's the cream filling!!?" If you get my drift. I don't see no rear suspension on that thang! Where's the rear suspension!? Must return bike. Must get full suspension model. Must do it now. Must call and offer Commencal larger bribe for MUCH LARGER link at top of page to get full suspension model. Must get to phone.:rofl:

Man I gotta start a website and see if I can get Intense to buy in with one of those link thingys at the top of the page so I can get a new bike dirt cheap... I could use a new M3 at cost. :D
hehe let's just say I didn't pay retail :)

I thought about getting one of the full suspension models, but I needed a new XC bike first, and I prefer hardtail for XC.

I have a secret plan to try to spend more time out west next season, and I'll pick up a 2007 DJ model then. :)