Quantcast

It's Here!!!! Finally!!!

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
It's not the colour I originally ordered, but I don't care. I've had my order in since December, and I'm stoked!!! UPS just dropped it off, and it's sitting in Universe's office at work just waiting to be built up. I'll take some more pics when she's ready. :love:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
That's funny about the color issue. Same thing happened to me when I bought my Superlight...I ordered it and then they came back and said they didn't have that color so I had to wait...I needed immediate gratification so I just picked a different color! :blah:

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Sweet.
I got mine about a week ago and will be hopefully building it this weekend.
They told me not to expect this frame, especially in all polished, until October or November. I only ordered it 2 months ago.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Wow, not to distract from Mocha's new ride. But that all polish is the definition of "Bling, Bling"
You should get a chain for that thing and hang it around your neck.
Maybe mount a big clock in the middle...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's so cool you guys. I would like to see a Polished chrome with a red swingarm frame that would make me do the happy dance.
i have a pal and he was talking bout if he bought a new bike, which he really can't afford he wants to buy a VP-free, and use it for trail ridin mostly. Mocha you gotta tell us how that thing pedals up hills too, in case he actually get some dough to get that bike. :thumb:

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
SLAYER2003 said:
Sweet.
I got mine about a week ago and will be hopefully building it this weekend.
They told me not to expect this frame, especially in all polished, until October or November. I only ordered it 2 months ago.

Nice! I love the polished frames!!! Post a pic when you have it all built up. :thumb:

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Well, I was able to switch most of the parts over from my Bullit, so that saved a bit of money. Just added the rear wheel, Thomson post, BB, and hub. I'll be getting new cranks and a matching front rim in the near future, but I'm happy to have it built already. Can't wait for my first ride tomorrow. :D

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Mocha said:
Well, I was able to switch most of the parts over from my Bullit, so that saved a bit of money. Just added the rear wheel, Thomson post, BB, and hub. I'll be getting new cranks and a matching front rim in the near future, but I'm happy to have it built already. Can't wait for my first ride tomorrow. :D

WHat's the weight of that badboy? Frame weight and completed weight? Looks killer!

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
WARider said:
WHat's the weight of that badboy? Frame weight and completed weight? Looks killer!

The frame alone weighs in around 10 lbs. And we figure the entire thing is about 40 lbs. It honestly doesn't feel much heavier than my Bullit, which makes sense since apparently the VP only weighs 1 lb more. It's longer and does feel a lot beefier than the Bullit, but that could be because I'm not used to the 5th Element (I was on a 2001 with the Fox shock). So far it feels fantastic to pedal around, but I'll know for sure when I take it up Fromme in a few hours. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mocha said:
The frame alone weighs in around 10 lbs. And we figure the entire thing is about 40 lbs. It honestly doesn't feel much heavier than my Bullit, which makes sense since apparently the VP only weighs 1 lb more. It's longer and does feel a lot beefier than the Bullit, but that could be because I'm not used to the 5th Element (I was on a 2001 with the Fox shock). So far it feels fantastic to pedal around, but I'll know for sure when I take it up Fromme in a few hours. :)
WOW! Nice ride Mocha :thumb: Lemme me how it rides compared to the Bullit. I have a 2003 Bullit with the 5th. I want to know how the VP pedals.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Yeah I'm liking the Polished one... practical choice too. I've not seen any anodised frames yet.... I'd like a Matt Grey one. Super stealth.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
buildyourown said:
Wow, not to distract from Mocha's new ride. But that all polish is the definition of "Bling, Bling"
You should get a chain for that thing and hang it around your neck.
Maybe mount a big clock in the middle...

Damn.. that blows moccha's frame away... :blah: :drool: :eek: MaXXXXIMUM BLING BLING..

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Mocha,

:thumb: on teh bike....very nice set up. What color did you order? I have always liked that red.

But what is the deal with sending the frame in colors not ordered? They must do a batch and decide to make them red and send them out to who ordered first regardless of color choice. Why even ask about color selection? It seems to be a "you get whatever we have policy"....that slightly annoys me.

I am glad you finally got your bike. If they said "we are out of X frames right now" I would have told them "I will take the first of what ever you are making next"

When I replaced my Rotec mainframe I was asked if I wanted to wait for Red (my old bikes color) but he had white available right then. I chose then because I didn't have the time or patient to deal with bicycle industry (estimated/promise dates)

I will take what ever you have now....thank you.

Sorry stuff like that bugs me....I would appreciate a call saying we have red now if you want it over so&so color.

Nice red though! :) :thumb:

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
RhinofromWA said:
Mocha,

:thumb: on teh bike....very nice set up. What color did you order? I have always liked that red.

But what is the deal with sending the frame in colors not ordered? They must do a batch and decide to make them red and send them out to who ordered first regardless of color choice. Why even ask about color selection? It seems to be a "you get whatever we have policy"....that slightly annoys me.

I am glad you finally got your bike. If they said "we are out of X frames right now" I would have told them "I will take the first of what ever you are making next"

When I replaced my Rotec mainframe I was asked if I wanted to wait for Red (my old bikes color) but he had white available right then. I chose then because I didn't have the time or patient to deal with bicycle industry (estimated/promise dates)

I will take what ever you have now....thank you.

Sorry stuff like that bugs me....I would appreciate a call saying we have red now if you want it over so&so color.

Nice red though! :) :thumb:

Thanks, Rhino!

In Santa Cruz's defense, I originally ordered the trans blue, and they did send up the correct frame. I would have had it over a month ago, but because I got the staff price the shop sold it to someone who had prepaid full price....can't really blame them for that. If I dropped $6000 in one shot, I'd want my bike asap too. It was tough to see some dude riding around on my frame, but I'm over it. I'm fine with the red.

So far the bike is absolutely amazing!! It climbed effortlessly up Fromme yesterday. I felt like I was on a hardtail. It was awesome coming down, but I'll give a full report after a few more different types of rides. :thumb:

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Mocha,
Sorry to post my frame pic in your thread and take away from yours.
I planned on posting pics of mine when built, but saw an opportunity to sneak a frame pic in.