Quantcast

It's HERE!!!!! The official "Watch the snow melt @ Northstar" Cam

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Since N* is opening early this year, I thought I get the snow cam going. Now just sit back and watch the snow melt.

and just in case there are any hot chicks wondering around............

byoung

Chimp
Jun 29, 2005
watsonville/south lake ca
i dont think a leaf blower will work. you may need a bondo scraper to remove the dust. believe me i've seen it, the dust adds a good color to the bike.

the snow isnt melting fast enough!

Apr 4, 2008
The opening plan is to open just the lower mountain with the Gondola on May 24th. There will be discounted lift tickets ($20). As the snow melts up higher, the Vista and Tahoe Zephyr lifts will open. Pray for a warm May!

May 24th. That is a full month earlier than ever before!

Still way too much white up there. Can't wait to rip it at the star.

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
Im down, if only we could rent one of those heated blower trucks they use to dry the nascar track after it rains, and sneak in late at night.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
half the mountain isn't worth the gas it takes to get there if you're more than 50 miles away. anyone heard on how soon the upper will be open? i know it depends on the snow melting but im sure none of us would mind riding with the snow there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
half the mountain isn't worth the gas it takes to get there if you're more than 50 miles away. anyone heard on how soon the upper will be open? i know it depends on the snow melting but im sure none of us would mind riding with the snow there.
If you want to ride your bike on snow that completely covers trails, you don't need to pay for it at northstar.

Look at a topo of tahoe......anything above 7k is your playground:D