Quantcast

It's HERE!!!!! The official "Watch the snow melt @ Northstar" Cam

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
As it looks, it will be the 31st also. Unless the megamelt starts happening.
If there's going to be a megamelt- it'll be this weekend!

...RECORD TEMPERATURES LIKELY THIS WEEKEND...

A STRONG AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE WEST COAST TODAY...AND MOVE OVER THE GREAT BASIN OVER THE WEEKEND. RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST ACROSS THE EASTERN SIERRA STARTING FRIDAY AND ACROSS WESTERN NEVADA SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

HIGH TEMPERATURES THIS WEEKEND IN LOWER ELEVATIONS OF WESTERN NEVADA WILL REACH THE LOW TO MID 90S...ABOUT 20 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL. FOR THE SIERRA...HIGHS OVER THE WEEKEND WILL REACH THE UPPER 70S TO MID 80S WITH MOUNTAIN TOP TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 50S TO MID 60S.

OVERNIGHT LOWS IN SOME NEVADA VALLEYS MAY NOT DROP BELOW 55 DEGREES...WHICH COULD SET RECORDS FOR THE HIGHEST MINIMUM TEMPERATURES.

COOLER TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST FOR MONDAY...BUT WILL REMAIN AT 10 TO 15 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL. LOW PRESSURE MAY MOVE INTO THE WEST ON TUESDAY AND BRING AN END TO THE WELL ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I sooooo can't wait till Friday! I work the weekends and was able to weeeeeze the weekend of, including Friday....See you guys up there!!

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Is it confirmed Livewire and Gypsy will not be open on Friday? How about other trails from the top?

Lower section does look nice - great job - are there any good size jumps at the bottom?

mmmm...rain at the star....nothing is better.

and btw...the quad finally got moved out of mid-mtn. Was wondering is the rider bailed off and left it there, those quad-tards aren't the most skilled...gotta be on all fours afterall. (sorry, I'm a moto guy and there's endless amounts of ribbing between the two parties).

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
mmmm...rain at the star....nothing is better.

and btw...the quad finally got moved out of mid-mtn. Was wondering is the rider bailed off and left it there, those quad-tards aren't the most skilled...gotta be on all fours afterall. (sorry, I'm a moto guy and there's endless amounts of ribbing between the two parties).
Us "quad-tards" have to move tools and materials up and down the mountain, and they pack jumps and berms very nicely. Otherwise I would much rather ride my DB.

Apr 4, 2008
http://tahoemountainbiking.ning.com/

OFFICIAL WORD!!!
UPPER MOUNTAIN OPENS June 7th!

After a long week of trail work, it’s official. Northstar will open the Tahoe Zephyr Express on June 7th. The Zephyr provides access to some of Northstars best trails, including Live Wire, Gypsy and Boondocks.

The trail crew has been hard at work completely revamping Boondocks. This trail has long been a local’s favorite and it just got better. More flow, jumps and features have been added in the lower section of the trail. A few of the boys rode it this afternoon and came down with huge smiles.

Live Wire has been high on the priority list as well. The crew spent all week working on the re-installation of the worlds first and only full length trail irrigation system. For those of you who don't know, that is a sprinkler every 20 feet for over 2 miles! Live Wire also saw a lot of work this week, the last section of berms was rerouted from 5 burms to 3 burms with a big step down in between berms 1 and 2. Improvements to Live Wire also include a reshaping of the "fish bowl" and a left hand hip into a right hand hip in the section of trail that immediately follows. The final section of Live Wire will also be completed and will finish right at the bottom of the Zephyr!

Gypsy also got a fresh make over. The top section before the tunnel was improved with a number of unique features and jumps. The rest of the trail is high on the priority list for early this week.

Finally, the opening of Zephyr means that the lower half of the Vista trails will be open as well. Lower Kariel, Lower Sticks and Stones, Pho Dogg, Lower Dog Bone, Speed Control and K-12 will all be open and ready to rip.

Don’t forget that the Tahoe Zephyr has twice as many bike racks this year. That means more laps on Live Wire. See you Saturday!

Make sure to check out the videos of the new trail features posted on this site.