Quantcast

~~it's July 1, did you ride yesterdat thread~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I did.

my 1st ride since Arenaline

Thursday club ride was starting real close to my crib so I got ready and pedaled to the meeting spot.

My legs wee not in the mood to ride, but they gave in & cooperated after a while. My goal was to not be dropped. I counted 27 riders when we left. After a few more miles we hit a good size hill and I couldnt hang on, finally crested the hill and had to work my ass off but caught back up. We now were a group of 10. This was suppose to be a "hilly" ride and it was. Every time we hit a bigger hill, I couldnt hang - damn cat 3 guys are fast! - but then I'd work hard & catch up (luckilly they didnt know the route very well so I'd get some rest when they slowed to figure out which way to go). The last 2 miles had no big hills & the tempo was brought up a few notches - total blast! 35.65 miles, 18.5 avg (plus 3 miles of commuting to/from the meeting spot)

My reward was choclate chip cookie dough on the ride home!!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I headed into downtown Rochester on my hardtail yesterday. Met up with Stuntmatty and just pedaled around for an hour, then rode home and slept till just before work last night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
Nice Doug!

Wish I could say I have ridden, I have had to pass on 2 rides because of this illness I have. I just can't shake it.

Get some rest and feel better, hopefully you'll be back on your feet for the weekend.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hope you feel better soon Splat!

I did about 30 miles on the road last night. It was hot and humid. About the halfway point, this dude on a custom time trial bike went by the other way, then turned around and rode with me for a while. It was cool to have someone there to keep the pace up, he was pretty quick.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Yeah I went for a road ride last night and got swerved into a ditch and spit at by some a$$hats in a souped up integra.

I swear if I ever catch anyone that does this to me, I'm going to haul them out of the car and beat the ever livin' hell out of them with my helmet. I almost caught those f'ers at the next stop light but it turned green about 50 feet too soon. My heart rate was at 195 at that exact moment. That's the highest its been in forever.

I'm definately going to be on the lookout for that car.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I got a twofer yesterday. Got rained out Wednesday so I got up at 5 yesterday morning and put in 30 road miles before work. I do love a nice sunrise, and seeing it over the mist in the valleys makes it even nicer. Then yesterday afternoon on my way to Atlanta I stopped about halfway and got in a nice trail ride followed by a quick dip in the pond at the trailhead. Woohoo!!! :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmmm... venison veal.

Tell me you picked it up and skinned it out! :thumb: ;)
NO! It was SO tiny! it still had white spots...it was sad as hell. I tried calling the sherrifs, the animal control...to find someone to pick him up...its a two lane hwy and you literally had to stop and creep around him on the sorta shoulder. Poor little baby. :(

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I rode yesterday, just a bit around the hood, making sure the DOC was in shape for the bike park at snowshoe this weekend. Also i rode my little bros brand new session :drool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
NO! It was SO tiny! it still had white spots...it was sad as hell. I tried calling the sherrifs, the animal control...to find someone to pick him up...its a two lane hwy and you literally had to stop and creep around him on the sorta shoulder. Poor little baby. :(
Do a public service and drag that damn thing off the road next time. It was a hazard, obviously.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Rode around my house and did a little road loop yesterday...nothing too major, but atleast I was out spinning. I was planning on riding with Heather M. & crew in Colonie, but Sq-Earl was tired when he got home from work and decided to have a few jack n' lemonades, so I made good dinner (mmm....pot roast :drool: ) and we just hung out around the house.

Hopefully the severe T-storms hold off a bit tonight so we can do our normal Friday night XC ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Hold 'em off until 8pm would you please so I can get my ride in as well!! :)
Sounds like a plan...we're riding at 4:30 (I think) and usually until 6:30-7ish...depending on how slow/fast, large/small the group is and then we generally hit the Party Glass for refreshments & food afterward and head home around 8:30pm (sitting outside usually so keep those storms away)!!! ;)

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
DRB said:
Oxford? or those trails in Augusta?

Or where?
McCormick Cty, SC. North of N. Augusta. Not really halfway I guess, but I didn't think anyone would call me on the geography. ;)

Pinhoti/Bear Ck/Mountaintown tomorrow with Cartecay. You gonna be there?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I got an invite to go ride Moccasin Gap trails in the Ozarks, just North of Russellville AR. Just about evryone showed up was on an Epic or a Fuel, so I felt right at home on my SS Rigid KM, I had heard that some of the climbs were steep so I lowered my gearing to 34/20, it was a blast this was by far the most aggressive riding I have put the KM through It has been so dry in Arkansas this Summer so everything was loose, going downhill lots of baby-heads traveled with me, one got launched from my Front Kenda Klaw bounced off my bottom tube and put a big knot in my shin. it was Hot when we started around 96 degrees and we rode for almost 2 hours till it was dark. I am so glad to be out of the flatlands.... :thumb: