Quantcast

it's not a fork comparison thread, but it's pretty cool

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
I got gullwings with grindkings, the axel exposes fast if you grind like a mofo, but just swap the trucks back and fourth.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
in typical bike-nerd fashion, everyone talks about the gear. no one even mentions the 20 foot diameter full pipe/capsule at carbondale (the link posted) and how rad it would be to shred.

ventures w/ z copers were the ticket to nose picks on the front porch.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Grindline just finished 2 parks in my hood. We are getting one of the capsules soon too.

All I have been doing is skating lately.

For grinds - Indys. Not stage nines, with grind king king pins, soft indy bushings, as loose as I can get them.

Wheels - Powell Bowl Bombers 64mm PF with Bones Ceramic bearings.

Speaking of good parks, I'm heading for Oregon tomorrow to skate. Starting at Burnside, then on to West Linn followed by Donald

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
hoolllllly smokes folks. You ever seen in bloom (best video ever?) TT rips the craziest line around a full pipe thing just like that pic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Talk about full circle! I used to ride a full pipe out in the country that was used for water run off. It was in 1977ish time frame. Then in Upland CA there was the "Pipeline" around that same time. I think I was 6 when I got my first membeship card to Upland (I'd have to do some research). That thing was SICK! They had the combi-pool with a roll in to a shallow area, then a square pool on the left and a round pool on the right. You were bad ass is you can ride the square side, the corners were killers.

Now I see all these great parks being built with full pipes. Talk about a lost art, man what a trip. It was cool to see Dog Town and Z boys with all the pool sessions. I remeber those days all too well.

What's next? Z Mags for BMX?