Quantcast

It's not a Winter Holiday it's Christmas!

Jan 29, 2005
A "holiday tree" is actually a more accurate term, long before christmas trees (very few people had christmas trees before the 20th century) the holiday tree was a traditional pagan thing.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
It was actually a pagan holiday before it was Christmas. :p
Early Christians often assimilated the pagan holidays in an effort to help convert the pagans to Christianity. Christs birthday was moved to December to try and entice the pagans over to Christianity... "C'mon... convert... you know you want to... tell ya what, we'll let you bring your holidays with you!"
SkaredShtles said:
Pagan stuff is cool...............
No it's not.

But like I tell my wicca/pagan/earth mother friends... why pray to the creation when you can pray to the creator?

You people who believe in nothing would do best to just ignore this thread and any celebrations and/or festivities associated with the season.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Early Christians often assimilated the pagan holidays in an effort to help convert the pagans to Christianity. Christs birthday was moved to December to try and entice the pagans over to Christianity... "C'mon... convert... you know you want to... tell ya what, we'll let you bring your holidays with you!"
:rolleyes: Why do you think I said what I did? Duh.

No it's not.

But like I tell my wicca/pagan/earth mother friends...
Witches are cool.........