Quantcast

it's not the best

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
marzocchi drop off III
I know it's not the best fork but it's what I have for right now,I'm having issues with harsh top off after I compress, if if pull up on the handle bars is make a thud noise like there is extra space that it's not using,it also does it mostly on a rocky trail
was wondering if there is not enough oil in the chamber,I am 160 lbs. with my gear on and have 45 psi's in the left chamber only,I have the rebound set to where it comes up not to fast but with a slight resistance,if I do more resistance it still does the same,
also if I start off with less resistance to more resistance the last half turn it starts to have the resistance.
is that a problem with the rebound knob?
if I turn the rebound all the up so I have least resistance it gets much worse.so thats where I feel that maybe there is not enough oil in the chamber.I plan on upgrading the fork this summer but I want to use this fork on another bike but want to find if there is a fix that I can make to stop the harsh top off?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Try "burping" the fork. Open both top caps and extend the fork fully. As long as it's open check your oil levels or even change the oil. Then reinstall the caps.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
Try "burping" the fork. Open both top caps and extend the fork fully. As long as it's open check your oil levels or even change the oil. Then reinstall the caps.
I have more oil in the left chamber than the right is that normal or should that be normal?
the reason for burping is to get the air bubbles out of the oil right?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Burping a fork is just like you burping. It relieves excess air pressure that builds up in the fork legs.