Quantcast

[it's not] Too early for Ft. Bill?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Boy Red Bull's camera coverage really sucks this year. You get to see the riders leaving the start Hut and then boom, almost half the track vanishes an they put almost all the cameras in maybe the last third.
To be fair this is one of the longest tracks to have to cover. But yes, typically most of the coverage occurs on the last portion of the track.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wow what an awesome race. I was hoping Finn was gonna take his first win but he still had an awesome race now that he was able to put it together.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Now THAT was a race! Good to see the sensible ordering of racers in the finals. F**k. Need to head to the bongshed for a comedown.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
That was an exceptional race! The bar just kept getting raised. Pierron is an absolute monster, made everybody else look like they were sitting at the kiddie table.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is it just me or is there a lack of a proper podium award ceremony? They're just standing in front of a sign. It's not just DH, it's in xc too. What gives?

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Saw a picture of Jack Moir during qualifying on his IG from yesterday, btw. It seemed like his bike also has RF cranks on it. Aaron Gwin is full of shit.

jack moir raceface.png

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
OK, I hope Gwin has some luck come his way and is able to pull together a great remainder of the season. That's a lot of shit for one dude to have to overcome.

Can we ease up on the Gwinner now?

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Bruni's qualifying crash, Gwin's race run crash, both holy fuck! Those guys are Tiggers. Made of rubber and springs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That was pretty damned entertaining.

Anyone know where to get a pair of 26" inseam tight zebra striped pants?

Asking for a mutual friend.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Just finished watching the replay (lost my internet connectoin yesterday after Gwin's crash). HOLY SHIT Pierron was on fire. Even after burping the rear tire mid-run he went all in and squeezed some more time out on the lower section. And the way he ended his run was epic. I'm not sure he realized how fast was at that point...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just finished watching the replay (lost my internet connectoin yesterday after Gwin's crash). HOLY SHIT Pierron was on fire. Even after burping the rear tire mid-run he went all in and squeezed some more time out on te lower section. And the way he ended his run was epic. I'm not sure he realized how fast was at that point...
wonder what tire inserts he runs, that was a lot of sealant he lost.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'm pretty sure they run a lot more sealant than you or me, but honestly it looked more like a spray.

At one point I thought he pinched the tire flank near the bead, but since he was able to keep running at that insane pace I ended up concluding it was a burp.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I am not sure it was a burp, I might be wrong, but I doubt you can hold a winning pace on burped tire even with an insert...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Anyone thought conditions played a role? Like 10-15 riders got slowed down once the track started dying down right before that small river gap and then right as the last riders were about to go some extra rain happened to loosen that up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone thought conditions played a role? Like 10-15 riders got slowed down once the track started dying down right before that small river gap and then right as the last riders were about to go some extra rain happened to loosen that up.
conditions played a roll, but from what i could tell all the rocks in the woods still stayed pretty greasy.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
What a bummer season for Gwin, I couldn't imagine being injured because of a shitty component faillure then having a crash like that while just trying to salvage points. I think his run is over, unfortunately, atleast for this year. Hopefully he can heal up enough to get enough wins to have more than Minnaar.
It would be interesting to see him healthy to see if he is still can put it on everyone.