Quantcast

It's October!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Well in the beer industry, anyways. Picked up these beauties this weekend. Haven't tried the Harpoon yet, but the Shipyard Pumpkinhead is a fall wheat beer, with a slight pumpkin pie like taste. Very smooth. A Octoberfest review will be made sometime this week.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I saw the Pumpkinhead Ale in the store this past weekend and almost bought some. I don't care for pumpkin, so I didn't want to invest in 12 bottles of it. I'll definitely be looking for that review. :)

I bought wifey a sixer of Sam's Octoberfest.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
I saw the Pumpkinhead Ale in the store this past weekend and almost bought some. I don't care for pumpkin, so I didn't want to invest in 12 bottles of it. I'll definitely be looking for that review. :)
Don't buy the Pumpkinhead, then. Although it's not a strong pumpkin taste, it is the dominating flavor. It definitely tastes like a wheat beer, though. I need to visit Shipyard's brewery sometime.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Wow. This stuff is great. Smooooooth. Might be as good as or better than Long Trail Harvest. Definitely pick up a 12 or two. :thumb:
This Harpoon Octoberfest is good stuff! Mmmmm.......

I also bought a sixer of Long Trail Harvest Ale. It is indeed GOOD. I think the Harvest Ale is their Octoberfest version.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I took Dina out to J. Timothy's in Plainville last week for her b-day dinner, scanned the beer menu and saw Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. I asked if it was a misprint (they don't make an Oktoberfest) but was assured it was legit.

Very subtle hops, smooth medium body, and a little less of the nutty flavor that is characteristic of the style. Typical of all Sierra Nevada beers, it was great!

Stopped by the Spigot in WH for some darts the next night and was disappointed to find that they didn't have it :( . Told the owner about it, he checked the list and said that his salesman neglected to mention it, so it's on order and expected to arrive next week :thumb: .

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
What'd ya eat?
She had upside-down baked stuffed shrimp :-)confused: I thought they were always upside-down), and I had a shrimp carbonara (with fresh bacon and peas :drool: ) over tri-color cheese tortellini. It was one of the dinner specials, but I am happy to note that it is slated to become a fixture on the regular menu - it was delicious.

tonyhawk said:
She had upside-down baked stuffed shrimp :-)confused: I thought they were always upside-down), and I had a shrimp carbonara (with fresh bacon and peas :drool: ) over tri-color cheese tortellini. It was one of the dinner specials, but I am happy to note that it is slated to become a fixture on the regular menu - it was delicious.

no dirt wings?

tell her HBD.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
I took Dina out to J. Timothy's in Plainville last week for her b-day dinner, scanned the beer menu and saw Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. I asked if it was a misprint (they don't make an Oktoberfest) but was assured it was legit.

Very subtle hops, smooth medium body, and a little less of the nutty flavor that is characteristic of the style. Typical of all Sierra Nevada beers, it was great!
I had that at J. Timothy's too........and I agree......a great beer indeed!