Quantcast

Its official - Cypress is getting lift assisted

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I like the quote about being advised not to ride whistler because of lack of experience. If you can't ride a bicycle down easy does it and B-line, maybe you should just go home and put your helmet on.

Competition improves the breed.

It is also interesting that Cypress is owned by the same US company that owns Crystal. Maybe that is a sign of good things to come for those of us south of the border.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I wonder who told that dude not to ride the trails at Whistler... I doubt it was any employee of Whistler :think: Probably some local who was trying to sound like a badass.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Echo,

Yeah I could see that. There is something for everyone...heck even people that have never been on a bike could make it down easy does it. I would love to know who said that, most restarded thing ever.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
This is Sweet! I am so all over the Shore next year! Is there any truth to the idea that you can access the backside of Cypress from the resort run side if you were to take the chair up? I thought i heard someone say that Cypress' trails that are already there could possibly be accessed this way...... That would be killer, since it would mean you could ride all thier new trails and if you wanted, still hit some of the famous Shore trails too.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
This'll be awesome! Are all the lift-accessed trails going to be separate from the current trails, or will they be connected?

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Figures they open this now that we've moved away :mumble:

The best part about Cypress is hardly anyone rides it for a few reasons:

1. It's steeper and more technical than the other two mountains
2. It's further out of North Van
3. All of the built stunts have been torn down (on the well known trails)

I love riding Cypress! In my opinion, it has the best terrain of all 3 mountains.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Good to know mocha. Now that I have a friend living in squamish and travelling all the time I will likely ride the shore periodically now :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Thats actually going to be a stop too. Slcpunk has invited me down for some riding. Probably hit it up this winter when I am buried in snow :)

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
ya we rarely have snow down here. it is kinda nice to be able to ride year round. that is sweet cypress will be open. just over an hour from here.

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Mocha said:
Figures they open this now that we've moved away :mumble:

The best part about Cypress is hardly anyone rides it for a few reasons:

1. It's steeper and more technical than the other two mountains
2. It's further out of North Van
3. All of the built stunts have been torn down (on the well known trails)

I love riding Cypress! In my opinion, it has the best terrain of all 3 mountains.

Cypress is hard. I rode the 5th horseman, and once we got to the start of the rock sections i threw in the towel. I am riding better now, but i am damn scared to go back :D

I will say that the forest over there has a different feel from the other 2 mtns. I would have loved to enjoy it more if i hadn't been fearing for my life!

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
That is sweet to have something closer than Whistler to ride. I will try and make it up there at least a couple times when that place opens up.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
roscifer said:
Cypress is hard. I rode the 5th horseman, and once we got to the start of the rock sections i threw in the towel. I am riding better now, but i am damn scared to go back :D

I will say that the forest over there has a different feel from the other 2 mtns. I would have loved to enjoy it more if i hadn't been fearing for my life!

Hahaha....Yeah, 5th Horseman is a tough trail. I know exactly which section you're talking about, and even after living there for 2 years, I never did nail it. You should go back! Most of the other trails are a little easier than that one, but still damn technical. Get a local to show you around, cuz there are some hidden trails that are fantastic!!

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Mocha said:
Hahaha....Yeah, 5th Horseman is a tough trail. I know exactly which section you're talking about, and even after living there for 2 years, I never did nail it. You should go back! Most of the other trails are a little easier than that one, but still damn technical. Get a local to show you around, cuz there are some hidden trails that are fantastic!!
I have heard that the other trails aren't quite as nasty, especially for those of us riding hardtails :D I do want to go back up and check out some other stuff.