Quantcast

it's ok to run over turds and slugs on the trail

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Cool! Seen a few of those this season. I was wondering how the ride went. I'm assuming you lived? We tried to radio you guys from the ridge top about 11. But, I figured you were way up around the corner near the Way Creek trail by then. It's sorta slow going up Middle Fork.
Great day to be over there eh!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
We get lots of rat snakes on the trails around North NJ. They are usually pretty big, around 5-6 feet long...

Pretty fun to catch them and check them out:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Cool! Seen a few of those this season. I was wondering how the ride went. I'm assuming you lived? We tried to radio you guys from the ridge top about 11. But, I figured you were way up around the corner near the Way Creek trail by then. It's sorta slow going up Middle Fork.
Great day to be over there eh!
Yah we didn't make it to the top til about 2:30!!! Slow goin up Jolly Creek, that trail is so steep and loose i don't even think i would want to ride DOWN that trail! Yah i probably would actually.... But anyways yah i called out to you as well on the top and figured we were running too late. At 11 i believe were probably around the Way Creek trail and i think we started our ascent of Jolly around 12:30. Made it out of the trail by 5. Yummy halibut and chips at the Brick around 6:00. :cool:

Heidi said:
Man, I haven't seen any snakes since I moved up here.
You probably have just thinking they were turds or slugs. :p
obtw Serial Midget bogued out on his ride next weekend leaving me seriously contemplating a similiar ride i did a month earlier. One with that serious panorama of the 4 volcanoes but skipping the lake(it's too cold now anyways). You and the Bend crew feel like going for a great ride?
More info... Mapquest Randle Wa. and scroll down southeast on rd. 9009 to blue lake, trails near there.

Snacks said:
Dude, you were in one of my dreams last night! :help:
i have that effect on most women.... :monkey:

syadasti said:
We get lots of rat snakes on the trails around North NJ. They are usually pretty big, around 5-6 feet long...

Pretty fun to catch them and check them out:

Wow them suckers are pretty big. Yah the big ones around here would be Timber Rattlers and it would not be wise to pick one of those up to play with it. :) This Rubber Boa was super chill, the guy who took the photo thought it was dead. But she/he was just super docile.

cove rider said:
stupid snakes
Yah i know i asked it to give me a viable solution to dissuade transnational coporations from egregious abuses to the environment and society in general. It just sat there and stuck it's tongue out at me so after the picture was taken i smashed his head in with a rock.

Dave_Schuldt said:
Hey Skooks, where's the TR from yesterday?
i don't get paid to do em so you'll have to wait. :oink:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Dude, seriously...it was a trip. Your hair was shorter, but still long like at your shoulders. AND I was swooning over you. I thought you were hot, which is really strange cause long hair dudes do nothing for me.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Skookum said:
obtw Serial Midget bogued out on his ride next weekend leaving me seriously contemplating a similiar ride i did a month earlier. One with that serious panorama of the 4 volcanoes but skipping the lake(it's too cold now anyways). You and the Bend crew feel like going for a great ride?
More info... Mapquest Randle Wa. and scroll down southeast on rd. 9009 to blue lake, trails near there.
I already have ride plans, sorry dude. There are only a few weekends left where I can get out to Oakridge and ride some sweet, sweet singletrack without getting drenched. I've been drooling to ride this specific trail since I had surgery. Wanna come down?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Heidi said:
I already have ride plans, sorry dude. There are only a few weekends left where I can get out to Oakridge and ride some sweet, sweet singletrack without getting drenched. I've been drooling to ride this specific trail since I had surgery. Wanna come down?
Thanks for the invite, but i'll pass unless it's the McKenzie River trail we're talking about..... :D

Definately will have to hook up for some great rides next year. Rain doesn't worry me near as much as the upcoming snow that's going to shut down all the great alpine rides. :(

Glad to hear your riding comfortably with your knee. Great to be out on the trail. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Dude, seriously...it was a trip. Your hair was shorter, but still long like at your shoulders. AND I was swooning over you. I thought you were hot, which is really strange cause long hair dudes do nothing for me.
aha! you're weird....

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Skookum said:
hmmmmmmm............. :sneaky:

lemme know if you're for realz and i'll make the calls to Portland to get a place to shack up on the weekend. :)
Let me check with my other half and see if he's up for it.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yet another classic Skooks report with pics. Very nice. It's funny how that killer loop is tucked into the corner of the basin and doesn't get the use or respect it deserves. West Fork (and the Middle for that matter) are pretty wild and scenic and quite a surprise for what people expect from riding in Washington. I've never seen the river lower than this year either. Whish really helps. I've had to belay across every crossing on the MF when I was talked into a Way Creek/MF loop on Memorial Day. :eek: Great trip Tim. Would you still start at Corral Creek or drive around to the other side to start?

How about a XC shuttle some day from DeRoux CG to Roslyn for post ride imbibement?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Would you still start at Corral Creek or drive around to the other side to start?

How about a XC shuttle some day from DeRoux CG to Roslyn for post ride imbibement?
Yah i'd still park at Corral Creek... it's a breeze to get to... i'm not quite sure how much gas and/or time you save, but i'd have to imagine it's quite a bit.
What's imbibement? If it's drinkin well you can have the beers i'm a tea totaller but yah there are quite a few good XC shuttles out there to be had. :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Good to know. Thanks. I've always just ridden that way from the campground on the West Fork. Lots more good stuff around there. See all them spurs heading everywheres on the way down to the river from your parking spot? Some are guuuud! You know I'll be over there a bunch next summer. Come on over!

Imbibement is just what whets your post ride whistle! :blah:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Some are guuuud! You know I'll be over there a bunch next summer. Come on over!
i'll order up a tour of that ridge come next year, yes i must confess, some of them there spurs did certainly appear tasty even at a quick glance.

Borneo said:
Imbibement is just what whets your post ride whistle! :blah:
Well when i feel like being a risk taker i've been known to swill down a cold frosty mug of root beer from time to time. i'm hard core. :oink: