Quantcast

It's only going to get lighter...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Calculator says it should be 400lbs. I hope local Fox distributor has both 400 and 350lbs springs.
In my experience, that mojo spring calculator is as wacked out as typical mojo stuff.

The TFtuned one has been pretty much spot on for me for several differnet bikes with different shocks and suspension designs. If your round appropriately for you riding style, and falling/rising rate design of the frame, it has been pretty much spot on.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
hmm, TF tuned spring calculator recommends spring between 333 and 363lbs. It's pity, they don't devide bikes per Maestro susp. design, as well...

Jul 8, 2009
Just want to add my 2cents about the head angle. For sure the DT makes the HA look steep....but reality is the old DH TEAM was 66 degrees with a BB of 14.25-14.5 and 8.25" travel. So I am rreally going to love this new Glory, as I loved my old DH Team bikes, or more!! Steep head angle BS= hogwash.

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Yeah 66 degrees was a standard DH head angle five years ago. Unfortunately for Giant the rest of the industry has moved on since then.

The head angle (and to a lesser extent the BB height) on the 10 Glory is absolutely ridiculous which is a shame as the rest of the bike is great. As it stands the only people I can see buying one wear helmets without peaks and body armor over jerseys.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
And i repeat.... the advertised head angle for the NEW V10 is 67 degree's, so this 66-65 business doesn't really matter unless it handles like your pissing into the wind, let the head angle argument end, stop

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
As it stands the only people I can see buying one wear helmets without peaks and body armor over jerseys.
ill race you on my 2010 glory with my armor over jersey, the visor down and a backpack to fix a flat during a race and ill still beat you. :D but seriously how can you say that? pretty stupid.

Dennis

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
And i repeat.... the advertised head angle for the NEW V10 is 67 degree's, so this 66-65 business doesn't really matter unless it handles like your pissing into the wind, let the head angle argument end, stop
What does that mean anyway? Just because one well known manufacturer does something doesn't mean it's good. V10s certainly feel pretty steep, not that that's a bad thing. I actually quite like the way they turn, definitely feel more precise and easier to turn than my Izimu.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
The head angle (and to a lesser extent the BB height) on the 10 Glory is absolutely ridiculous which is a shame as the rest of the bike is great. As it stands the only people I can see buying one wear helmets without peaks and body armor over jerseys.
no, it isn't.....and plenty of people faster than you will be on one.....I swear, this site is almost worse than pinkbike with all the wannabe know it alls, who actually know ****....

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Easy, I'm not sponsored buy them.
Right. But. The guy who has given the most positive feedback in the thread isn't sponsored by them either. And he says the bike feels great. Sooo, in MY opinion, (since we're just throwing our opinions out there all willy-nilly) your opinion sort of carries no weight. Since, you know, you haven't actually RIDDEN the machine in question.

But then again, they're all just opinions anyway. Ride what you like. Or whatever the internet tells you not to like.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Its hilarious that people on this site rag on the people on pinkbike, but in reality this thread is far dumber then most of the stuff I read over there. At least they have the excuse of being 14 and dumb.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
FYI - I just checked out an '10 Glory DH0 and it weighed in at 38.1 pounds stock fitted with DMR V12 pedals.

Australian/New Zealand spec ( other countries have different specs sometimes )

Frame is slightly larger than the earlier model as well. The measurement from the centre of the BB to the top centre of the steering head is 15mm longer. Doesn't sound like much but they feel more comfortable for me 5'10"

HTH

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
your opinion sort of carries no weight. Since, you know, you haven't actually RIDDEN the machine in question.
Rode it at the weekend. The four of us who rode it decided the only thing it's good for is ghosting of a drop.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
FYI - I just checked out an '10 Glory DH0 and it weighed in at 38.1 pounds stock fitted with DMR V12 pedals.

Australian/New Zealand spec ( other countries have different specs sometimes )

Frame is slightly larger than the earlier model as well. The measurement from the centre of the BB to the top centre of the steering head is 15mm longer. Doesn't sound like much but they feel more comfortable for me 5'10"

HTH
Buy it!!:thumb:

I'll give you $50 for your old one.:D

Actually, even $500 would be cheaper than fixing my bike.:confused:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I saw the bike from this topic on the mountain today. That bike definitely looks slower because of the head angle.
Purdy other than that.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Yeah 66 degrees was a standard DH head angle five years ago. Unfortunately for Giant the rest of the industry has moved on since then.

The Hate is strong in this one......

Are you just pissed b/c no one ever waits at the bottom for you? :weee:

I have a new glory and love it. Low, fast and a true DH machine IMO after a few days at Brian Head. :thumb:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Ah yes. Brian Head. That place is awesome. Haven't been for a few seasons now. I really love that timberline trail and Dark hollow. Just wish i could actually breathe up there.

marko

Chimp
Apr 5, 2010
Hello Ekripper!

I have a question about picking the right spring for me, i am getting the frame this week and i weigh something like 167 lbs and i am thinking about 350lbs because i also want something like 35% sag. Do you weigh 175 with or without your gear?
Anyway, it's interesting seeing that on RC4s you have to use lighter springs than on previous DHX5s, because i had glory 09 with DHX5 last year and was running 450lbs to get something over 30 percent sag(30-35, not sure how much but it felt ok). So i am pretty shocked how differently should work rc4.
Last week i tried my freinds glory1 which is equipped with 500lbs on Vivid and it felt like u said before, like a hardtail. I am also liking really plush rear suspension with sitting it low in sag, and then adjust bottom out so it doesn't bottom out to excessively. But i am always saying that you have to use all the availiable travel, it's meant to be used. Not bottomed out harshly but used all on rough terrain to get all out of your bike.
Well, your bike looks very nice, hoping mine will too, and hoping to get it at some weight like 38lbs with some tweaks(will run 40s over your boxxers and large frame).

Regards, Marko