Quantcast

It's Saturday. Why am I up?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Tuned and cleaned up Mrs Ringle’s mtb, as she is riding with some ladies this am. Finally put some new blades in my planer. Now back in the house for coffee and eggs.

Later will be celebrating the resurrection of JC by searching for magical eggs from the platypus rabbit that lays purple and pink eggs with chocolate in them.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I drove to Boston and back yesterday to pick up my race crap and browse the expo. 8 hours round trip. I'll cross the starting mat at 10:30 Monday morning. For any of you brosophs tracking me, the tracker will give splits every 5K. Figure if I can keep those 5K splits around 23 minutes I'll be doing ok. The 30K and 35K splits will be the slowest because that's where the hills are. I'm hoping to run 3:10 although 3:15 is probably more realistic.

It feels nice to get my hands on a Boston Marathon bib. It's not easy to do.

20220415_132225.jpg

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wife went with some Germans for an early trail run this morning. I am supposed to meet Beto at 7 for MTB. Rained early last night so we should have hero dirt.

While walking the hound prior and coffeeing, saw a road biker walking his bike and carrying his shoes. (?)

Turned out he had a pinch flat and even a tube, but no hex wrench to remove his fancy thru axle. Got him to the garage and back moving quick. Dog liked him.

Yesterday on the mountain a hapless pair of shuttlers were in a similar pickle with a pinch and zero tools or even knowing how to remove the axle on the ancient Marzo dual-crown on his Giant. Took 2-3 of us passers-by to get them going again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I drove to Boston and back yesterday to pick up my race crap and browse the expo. 8 hours round trip. I'll cross the starting mat at 10:30 Monday morning. For any of you brosophs tracking me, the tracker will give splits every 5K. Figure if I can keep those 5K splits around 23 minutes I'll be doing ok. The 30K and 35K splits will be the slowest because that's where the hills are. I'm hoping to run 3:10 although 3:15 is probably more realistic.

View attachment 175061
Have you decided on your post race pie?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Spent more time out of bed than in it last night. Got the trifecta of insomnia, crying baby, and a dog shitting on the floor. Nice.

At least I didn't wake up with my back in knots. Oh wait...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

View attachment 175061
That, is fucking awesome. My Dad's been trying to get one for over 5 years. He (before getting COVID) was in the 8:10 pace for a half and still couldn't get one. I'm, sadly, quite confident that he'll never get one now since his lungs are all sorts of fucked up now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

View attachment 175061
I hope you win! #thisistheyear

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Up early to help with the 12-hour race. I’m a course marshal at an intersection with a road, I’ve got a stop sign and a safety vest. The view with my coffee and croissant isn’t too shabby.

70E5EC0B-C693-4C3C-934B-1B7F195BC2F4.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Am here. Daddy daughter day was a disappointment, kid just wanted to watch tv. Guess I have to be more active about limiting it. Was hoping she wanted to go on an adventure but she might be turning into a “homebody” like her ma

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also slept like shit again, woke at 1:44 and didn't sleep much after that.

Fairly sure I could smell wildfire smoke and the moonlight made it look hazy at fiveayem when the DSO wanted outside.

Need to go service the squish fork and swap it for the rigid on wife's hardtail. Not sure what today's ride will be or which bikes even.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Am here. Daddy daughter day was a disappointment, kid just wanted to watch tv. Guess I have to be more active about limiting it. Was hoping she wanted to go on an adventure but she might be turning into a “homebody” like her ma
My daughter has gotten to the point we have to keep the tv unplugged unless she gets permission to watch.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Your kid gets the choice? Mine does not :) tv/ipad is also limited to 30-60 min/day. Makes things go much more smoothly.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

middle kid turned 7 today

I work 5-10 pm from home today for $$

one day shy of a month out from my glorious powder day

that’s about it

2F3F124F-E898-48FD-B090-32A919D28F67.jpeg
5941E7A6-3E4F-4EFF-8C7A-BFDCCC348D9C.jpeg
F09F12C7-32EA-42B6-A4CB-CE2A4BB96DD2.jpeg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Did not realize that last night's concert was not just music of Indiana Jones, but was infact the symphony playing the film score during a showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That was super fun.

Kid to violin, household shit to do. Seder dinner at a friend's tonight. I have to make the Kugel.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The men’s solo race leader just passed me, heading out on his third lap. He’s pulling 1:20-ish laps in a 14-mile course that is 11 miles of moderate to high tech Singletrack. Pretty impressive. Second place is approaching now, probably 4-6 minutes back. Unless this isn’t second place but a lapped rider.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think someone just died in the bathroom at the tire store. Door's been locked for 20min and some guy just walked, out of the building, into his assumingly finished car, and drove away. It's... Bad. The whole lobby is fucking disgusting. People are giving each other looks of "who did it? Was it him". And while I was typing this, two people just walked out to sit in the cold.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went out for tacos and margaritas last night. Plan was to meet up with one hooker, but they coordinated a surprise second hooker appearance. The three of us closed out the place talking about dicks and hooks and cabbages and kings. It was the stress blow off I needed.