Quantcast

It's Saturday. Why am I up?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:wave:

Did not realize that last night's concert was not just music of Indiana Jones, but was infact the symphony playing the film score during a showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That was super fun.

Kid to violin, household shit to do. Seder dinner at a friend's tonight. I have to make the Kugel.
The Philadelphia Symphony does this all the time at SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)! This summer is The Princess Bride and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My brother's birthday celebration is today since his birthday is the 26th and we are booked the weekend prior and after. Giant cake made (chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache filling and fluffy peanut butter frosting); 8lbs of meatloaf prepped; potatoes sliced and ready to roast and brussel sprouts prepped to be cooked in bacon/onions/garlic. Now I am ready to take the dog out for a quick run to burn off some energy before the family arrives for the festivities.

Also, egg decorating will happen soon!

Feels good to get up and get everything done so I can relax and play cards with my mom when she arrives.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Today's hero dirt may have been the finest surface I have ever ridden. I am shocked I still have side knobs.

Apparently I am no longer "the chelito who rides with Alberto" but simply "hijo de puta," at least around where the good bermed-up twisty singletrack is.

This bike is, again, specfuckingtacular. I kinda need my new hardtail to show up and keep me honest, because the Canfield is just too efficient. Doesn't even climb poorly.

And I have had spectacular luck with Michelin Wild Enduros (bummed from @HAB no less). I wanna get back to trying Maxxis' most recent Assegai/dissector or DHR combo but these things just keep holding on for me.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My brother's birthday celebration is today since his birthday is the 26th and we are booked the weekend prior and after. Giant cake made (chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache filling and fluffy peanut butter frosting); 8lbs of meatloaf prepped; potatoes sliced and ready to roast and brussel sprouts prepped to be cooked in bacon/onions/garlic. Now I am ready to take the dog out for a quick run to burn off some energy before the family arrives for the festivities.

Also, egg decorating will happen soon!

Feels good to get up and get everything done so I can relax and play cards with my mom when she arrives.
Tell us more about this 8lb meatloaf.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today's hero dirt may have been the finest surface I have ever ridden. I am shocked I still have side knobs.

Apparently I am no longer "the chelito who rides with Alberto" but simply "hijo de puta," at least around where the good bermed-up twisty singletrack is.

This bike is, again, specfickingtacular. I kinda need my new hardtail to show up and keep me honest, because the Canfield is just too efficient. Doesn't even climb poorly.

And I have had spectacular luck with Michelin Wild Enduros (bummed from @HAB no less). I wanna get back to trying Maxxis' most recent Assegai/dissector or DHR combo but these things just keep holding on for me.
@HAB has yet to let me down with his tire recommendations

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Went out for tacos and margaritas last night. Plan was to meet up with one hooker, but they coordinated a surprise second hooker appearance. The three of us closed out the place talking about dicks and hooks and cabbages and kings. It was the stress blow off I needed.
I would put in the no context thread but it really defies that, in that it's not out of context.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Needed to get to work for a short time. Took the road bike for the 60 km round trip. Man am I out of shape. Got passed by an aeroadie, skinsuit and 80 mm deep wheels on a Trek aero bike. :crazy:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hail Satin!

Ed:. The local big-microbrewer has a honey beer called "Hijo de Pooh..."

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Eh I had unfettered access to Atari/TV [non-cable*]/Apple IIe growing up, and look how [well] ROUND[ed] I turned out ;)

Arguing over the laptop/tablet and/or put down your book and get ready for school accounts for 95% of "parenting" with our little guy [11]

He has no self-control, my wife prefers non-stop nagging, I prefer good cop routine and trying to work on letting him set his own limits but of course neither work.

~16 yo can't hear us above her headphones so she's free range these days.

#BreederProblems
#YouKnowWhatWouldHelpWithThat?!?

*Of course back in the day, there was no late night TV, and weekends were unwatchable after cartoons re: Laurence Welk / Golf...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was told to go through all of my clothes for the garage sale. Took 30min and it's 20% leaner, with even more confirmed into the "work around the house" drawer. Not the end result Wifey was looking for.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Eh I had unfettered access to Atari/TV [non-cable*]/Apple IIe growing up, and look how [well] ROUND[ed] I turned out ;)

Arguing over the laptop/tablet and/or put down your book and get ready for school accounts for 95% of "parenting" with our little guy [11]

He has no self-control, my wife prefers non-stop nagging, I prefer good cop routine and trying to work on letting him set his own limits but of course neither work.

~16 yo can't hear us above her headphones so she's free range these days.

#BreederProblems
#YouKnowWhatWouldHelpWithThat?!?

*Of course back in the day, there was no late night TV, and weekends were unwatchable after cartoons re: Laurence Welk / Golf...

you had to look hard

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Your kid gets the choice? Mine does not :) tv/ipad is also limited to 30-60 min/day. Makes things go much more smoothly.
I do NOT want to get into a parenting discussion on ridemonkey, but we like to give our kids autonomy and it usually pays dividends. Aside from this situation, my kids are generally not screen addicted and are just as happy doing other things. I’ve seen a lot of “screen-free” kids that can’t handle being around a tv for a moment without being totally glued to it, so that approach scares me. My son couldn’t really care less about cartoons if there’s somebody to play with, but obviously my daughter might need some additional rules or restrictions.
I was just disappointed that she had no interest in adventuring, regardless of what she was doing instead.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
1) Neighborhood egg hunt with kiddos
2) New/first glove for older son for tee ball (and lob wedge for dad)
3) Helped @Adventurous move a loveseat in
4) Pressure washed all the things
5) Now 1/2lb burgers, garlic & cheese sausages and beer

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Today was the first day since mid week I've woken up with noticeable reduction in jaw pain.
How shit is jaw pain? Because I am fat and old I have sleep apnea, I tried an anti-snore mouthguard and took the instructions as silly suggestions and my jaw was hurting for close to a month.
I ended up trying to get put on my own as much as possible at work so I didn't have to talk.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

This bike is, again, specfuckingtacular. I kinda need my new hardtail to show up and keep me honest, because the Canfield is just too efficient. Doesn't even climb poorly.

Try some soft/ultra soft Magic Mary in the front and thank me later. :) I dig your new Balance!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bought a plastic shed at Costco figuring since lumber is so damn expensive it would save some time over building and probably save a few bucks too. Fought that POS for 4 hours, threw it back in the box and returned it. Great way to waste a Saturday.

Gotta draw up some plans and buy some lumber I guess? Too bad tomorrow is a bullshit bunny based holiday or fail and nothings open.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley went out in the "shifter" karts today. Full auto mode. She was struggling to control it though. Dropped her second fastest time to date in a kart she was struggling with controlling. Not going to put her into one again until she gets the standard adult karts under control.