Quantcast

It's Saturday. Why am I up?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
forced the 12yo to go for a quick ride. we talked in ridiculous australian accents the whole time for no reason. was fun.
Pfft, when I was in Scotland a little Chavette cashier at Tesco told me "Your voice is mazinnnnn' ".
The New Zealand accent is the ridiculous one, get them to say mirror or onion.

The Australian accent supposedly came to be because people were drunk so much of the time that the slurr and slow pronunciation of vowels became normal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pfft, when I was in Scotland a little Chavette cashier at Tesco told me "Your voice is mazinnnnn' ".
The New Zealand accent is the ridiculous one, get them to say mirror or onion.

The Australian accent supposedly came to be because people were drunk so much of the time that the slurr and slow pronunciation of vowels became normal.
When I was at a Tesco in Birmingham I couldn't understand a single thing the cashier was saying, she had to call the manager over to help translate. And for context my mother was a brit and I grew up speaking with a British accent.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When I was at a Tesco in Birmingham I couldn't understand a single thing the cashier was saying, she had to call the manager over to help translate. And for context my mother was a brit and I grew up speaking with a British accent.
My wife struggled to understand my Dad the first time she met him :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Sorry you were in Birmingham. /shudder.