Quantcast

Its snowing!

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
alright i know its been snowing for a while now but i just realized that its laying on the streets!!!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I love snow. I used to think that Seattle freaked out about snow. That's nothing compared to DC, and it's flat here! It's pretty funny watching the news.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep, it's sticking to the trees. I lost power early in the morning. Woke up to a very cold house and a very cold shower.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
definitely. every 3" of snow spells armageddeon around here. i enjoy the first day of snow, but it gets pretty old after that. i wish it would snow a ton and then magically disappear, leaving all the trails cold and dry.

or maybe if it all turned to candy... :D

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
you think 3" is bad here. go to new mexico. there 6" literally shuts down the whole state. they even close the interstates at that point (actually 4"). the only thing i saw removing snow was some tractors.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Fair enough. My school district didn't have busses after third grade so they could always get away with having school when other districts were closed. I remember not having school during an ice storm once, and then like 2 days in highschool because the state made us close down...our district was still planning on making us go lol. I remember being in like 4th grade walking home in 4 feet of snow from school. And I don't think syracuse university has canceled class in like 40 years...they even have their own backup power so if power is out in the city we can still go to class. Gotta love upstate New York. I am however jealous that you have no off season for biking, that would be nice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
GumbaFish said:
Fair enough. My school district didn't have busses after third grade so they could always get away with having school when other districts were closed. I remember not having school during an ice storm once, and then like 2 days in highschool because the state made us close down...our district was still planning on making us go lol. I remember being in like 4th grade walking home in 4 feet of snow from school. And I don't think syracuse university has canceled class in like 40 years...they even have their own backup power so if power is out in the city we can still go to class. Gotta love upstate New York. I am however jealous that you have no off season for biking, that would be nice.
I went to school in Northern Northern NY. We got 10" of snow the day I graduated.:mad:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
GumbaFish said:

Sounds like fun to me!! I love the snow.

Although it is nice to be able to ride *mostly* year round. It can get kind of nippy some days, but if you put on enough layers, its fine :)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
My dads side of the family is from Watertown. He said when they were kids they would have to jump out of the second story windows into the snow sometimes because the snow was so high they couldnt open the front door. I like the snow, but that is a little much for me...although it does sound like a darn fun way to start a day when you are a kid.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
GumbaFish said:
My dads side of the family is from Watertown. He said when they were kids they would have to jump out of the second story windows into the snow sometimes because the snow was so high they couldnt open the front door. I like the snow, but that is a little much for me...although it does sound like a darn fun way to start a day when you are a kid.
fling your children from the window... ah, excellant.