Quantcast

its sunny, 50 degrees and im surfin ride monkey 'cause

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i cant get my new yeti to run right. pissin me off so i stopped workin on it. now im sittin here brooding

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
when it is in the stand and i am pedaling by hand this does not happen. when i take it outside and pedal it around the parking lot it is like my friggin back brake keeps grebbing up. im not touching the lever at all. bring it in put it on the stand and it does not happen?WTF!!!!!!! its not like a warped rotor cause it would happen on every revolution of the wheel.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Is the suspension movement pulling on the brake line? Or pinching it? Just an idea.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i checked that out and the line is run like it is shown on the yeti site. I dont understand.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Get some shots of the new bike, mang! Hope you get the brakes worked out. Check all the frame contact points for interference. I've seen this happen to several single pivots, which doesn't really mean much. Get away from the bike for an hour or two and come back to it, it usually helps with the frustration. :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hmmmm....i am sorry I can't help, but dont feel bad, everytime I put a wrench to my bike I seem to get in a situation like yours. Someone on RM allways bails me out so I think you are in the right place.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Does your ride have dics brakes? Check your rear axle. If it's broken, the added weight when you're on the bike might make the wheel move a little to the side. Just a thought...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey man, is your hydro cable maybe too short and kinking a bit when your suspension activates?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
new bike? get these pics up!!!

what brakes are you running?

like someone else said, make sure you are getting that rear end nice and tight!

does it go away when you stand or sit?

I've had to pull or push (side to side, truing) on rotors the whole way around before to get them to line up better to prevent drag...... it's only for very minimal adjustment

def. walk away for a bit, and take a breather it'll help with the frustration level....

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
what kinda brakes are they? i have the same problem with a set of hfx9's. i've checked just about everything i can think of, but still can get down what the problem is. its really a pain in the ass.
the other day my front locked up in a burm :dead: