It's that time of year!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
You mean like the hockey players?

Or were they *locked* out? :think:
Who the hell is talking about hockey here? GRAPEFRUIT, dammit. Peaches are good too. I thought peach season was early summer, no? I have not been too impressed with the peaches this year. Nor the strawberries.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Who the hell is talking about hockey here? GRAPEFRUIT, dammit. Peaches are good too. I thought peach season was early summer, no? I have not been too impressed with the peaches this year. Nor the strawberries.
Great. Two posts and I've already attempted a derail of my *own* thread. :o:

Luckily, you've kept it on track! :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've never understood why putting hard peaches in a brown paper bag for a couple of days ripens them. It work wonders though! It turns your hard sour peach into a soft juicy tasty treat. :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I Are Baboon said:
I've never understood why putting hard peaches in a brown paper bag for a couple of days ripens them. It work wonders though! It turns your hard sour peach into a soft juicy tasty treat. :)
Something about the gas given off by the ripening fruit being contained in the bag accelerates the ripening process.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I stopped on my road ride the other day and swiped a couple of peaches right off the tree. Oh so good. The local peaches have been really good this year. The local tomatos have been good as well especially the ones out of my garden.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, I agree with that. It has been hard to find good fruit this summer.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
SkaredShtles said:
Ditto. Although mine have been pretty small.
I tried something different this year and went with all heirloom vegetable seeds. Got them from www.seedfest.co.uk. The ugly ripe tomatos late last year from the store were so good that I wanted to try them out. As for tomatos I did 3 red tomatos and 1 yellow not sure what the new yard was going to support. All four of them have gone freaking crazy.

A couple of the first off the beefsteak plants were gigantic. Even the cherry tomatos have been bigger than I expected. All of them have been tasty. I will definately be going this route again.

J

JRB

Hippies don't each peaches. Not enough fur for them. yuck....

*not peaches, but lots of fur. yuck....