Quantcast

It's that Toenail Thread! 2022 ver.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Post tips for getting toenails to reattach. Superglue, reinforced shipping tape, muffler clamps - it's all about the results.

Slammed my foot one year, clipping a rock at speed. Since then the large toenail has only been part of the cuticle about halfway. Almost got it back in line with some OTC $30 ointment but is still an ugly toe.

Repeat trips to the nude beach in Miami last year were awwkwarrrrd :thumbsdown:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
A nail salon accepts nasty feet? Have to admit going there did not cross my mind.

I've completely lost toenails also, this partial separation is real annoying. Was about to superglue it TBH

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took Wifey's toe almost 6 months to heal after falling off from poor fitting ski boots. She would have been far better off seeing a podiatrist and just getting them to cut it back properly and let it grow in right.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Took Wifey's toe almost 6 months to heal after falling off from poor fitting ski boots. She would have been far better off seeing a podiatrist and just getting them to cut it back properly and let it grow in right.
Has been an issue for a while but, occurred just after getting back on track from a torn Labral in my shoulder. No surgery, just altered physio so - was all like ''tis but a scratch'.

Nope - brown upper toenail and, didn't step on a lawn cigar barefoot.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Through bolting would keep it on. I suggest a low profile head and nut so they don't catch on anything.
Nope - superglue, then would have put my regular nail clippings in the food processor. Filtered out the finest choice nail dust and then sprinkled that ontop a thin film of Elmers on the rotten avocado lookin' portion.

May make an appointment for a pedicure. Chat it up with the gals.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
muffler clamp
This seems like your best option right here.

But seriously, I don't think toe or finger nails ever "reattach" — they only grow back. And to help make that happen you gotta cut that little bastard off. So here we are, yet again, where the correct answer is "angle grinder with a cutoff wheel."

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
my ex-gf ripped off a toenail 2 days before we were doing a big hike last summer. We superglued it on and it lasted a month +, long enough for the new nail to grow in behind, mostly.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nope - superglue, then would have put my regular nail clippings in the food processor. Filtered out the finest choice nail dust and then sprinkled that ontop a thin film of Elmers on the rotten avocado lookin' portion.

May make an appointment for a pedicure. Chat it up with the gals.
let's not forget: cucumber water is for clients only.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
This seems like your best option right here.

But seriously, I don't think toe or finger nails ever "reattach" — they only grow back. And to help make that happen you gotta cut that little bastard off. So here we are, yet again, where the correct answer is "angle grinder with a cutoff wheel."
It was improving steadily until last year. Smashed up the other large toe and had a hard-sole and crutches for a month. Getting back on the bike after 4-5 weeks I had to ditch insoles I fab'd up for support. Has not gotten any worse but, also not any better.

The broken toe toenail is like new, no more bloodied sap-pockets and is level across the cuticle. That one I thought would never mend.