Quantcast

It's time the rest of the bike industry gets behind this

May 5, 2011
Looks cool but not enough like biking and not different enough from skiing to get more than a handful of people committed to it. Plus, the scooters look heavy and complicated.
I'm a committed mountain biker during the whole year and use to almost hang my bike up so I could snowboard. I picked up ski biking and now I don't have to hang any bike up.

What I didn't like about boarding, was...being strapped in (sorta like JonKranked mom)...having to scoot my board with one foot throughout the lifts and then having to sit at the top of the hill to strap myself back in. Having those heavy boots hurting my damn feet all the time from being strapped in. Ski biking just feels like riding, I get to bomb down the hill just like how I normally do on a bike.

The haters will always hate for now, but once they see that everyone is doing it they normally will jump on the bandwagon. :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm a committed mountain biker during the whole year and use to almost hang my bike up so I could snowboard. I picked up ski biking and now I don't have to hang any bike up.

What I didn't like about boarding, was...being strapped in (sorta like JonKranked mom)...having to scoot my board with one foot throughout the lifts and then having to sit at the top of the hill to strap myself back in. Having those heavy boots hurting my damn feet all the time from being strapped in. Ski biking just feels like riding, I get to bomb down the hill just like how I normally do on a bike.

The haters will always hate for now, but once they see that everyone is doing it they normally will jump on the bandwagon. :thumb:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC

doubt it, my skis get me places these things can't go

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
marketing is indeed one of the biggest problems right now, all is on a grassroots level. just check the websites of the snowscoot makers, not up to date, cheap looking. if they only would invest in some riders, make some good movies and do all the web 2.0 ****... right now the the only really marketing efforts are happening in france and japan. needs more of a global approach, especially lobbying in north american ressorts to get a similar allowance rate like we already have in the alpes.

May 5, 2011
ForceInduction, I'm just curious, what exactly is your affiliation with Lenz Sport?

None what so ever. Don't own one, don't know anyone that has one...and never seen one in person.

In fact I'm not even a fan of "built snow bikes from the manufacture." I'm more into converting bikes over to snow bikes. Until the sport progresses and I start seeing manufactures being more innovated with how they build their bikes, I think I'm going to stick with converted bikes, it just makes sense to me.

I'm just a typical weekend warrior, who enjoys hitting the trails in the winter time with snow bikes and I am a little shocked that this community full of "real riders" cannot open their eyes and realize that this is an evolution of riding that is crazy fun. It is time for mountain bikers to unite and embrace a sport in which the roots are from the very thing they are riding. :thumb:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
None what so ever. Don't own one, don't know anyone that has one...and never seen one in person.

In fact I'm not even a fan of "built snow bikes from the manufacture." I'm more into converting bikes over to snow bikes. Until the sport progresses and I start seeing manufactures being more innovated with how they build their bikes, I think I'm going to stick with converted bikes, it just makes sense to me.

I'm just a typical weekend warrior, who enjoys hitting the trails in the winter time with snow bikes and I am a little shocked that this community full of "real riders" cannot open their eyes and realize that this is an evolution of riding that is crazy fun. It is time for mountain bikers to unite and embrace a sport in which the roots are from the very thing they are riding. :thumb:
maybe because a lot of us actually enjoy not riding bikes during the winter and enjoy smashing deep pow on planks.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
maybe because a lot of us actually enjoy not riding bikes during the winter and enjoy smashing deep pow on planks.
i'm also enjoy smashing deep pow on planks, but i like to control them with a handlebar. so why the hating on something "new"? just accept that there are different ways to have fun in the snow and there should be no restrictions on how to archieve it...

May 5, 2011
i'm also enjoy smashing deep pow on planks, but i like to control them with a handlebar. so why the hating on something "new"? just accept that there are different ways to have fun in the snow and there should be no restrictions on how to archieve it...

I hear you man! Restrictions are there to hold back people from having fun. Some of the funniest trails I have ridden on were meant for "hikers only" or in this case "out of bounds"

Evolution is the way of life. Without evolution we all still would be riding Hardtails down the trails.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hear you man! Restrictions are there to hold back people from having fun. Some of the funniest trails I have ridden on were meant for "hikers only" or in this case "out of bounds"

Evolution is the way of life. Without evolution we all still would be riding Hardtails down the trails.
more often than not restrictions are there to keep people out of the running for Darwin Awards.