Quantcast

It's time to buy from Canada and save lots a USD$$

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
The exchange rate over the past year has been like a freaking roller-coaster ride.

Last spring and summer the US and Canadian $ were pretty much at par and allot of us from "Canadia" were buying from the US and saving LOTS of $$ especially on expensive stuff like cars, TV stuff and sometimes bikes!

At Dobermann, we were saving allot of $$ on our frame tubing which is coming from True-temper in Memphis. It allowed us to keep our prices at the same level even if we payed more in transport (gaz price was freakin hi)

But at the end of the summer..it all went backwards (or where it should be?) The USD is going up and the CAD is going down...:poster_oops:
Which mean ITS YOUR TIME to take advantage of your strong US$ and buy from Canada.

Have a look at this post on the Dobermann Blog Take advantage of your USD and buy Canadian!!!

Check out this currency converter http://www.xe.com/ucc/

And if you can...go shopping before Xmass...or before its too late.

Cheers!

Alain

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Same holds true for many other countries too. I got some stuff real cheap from Australia.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
how about shipping? Wouldn't it be expensive getting it shipped to the US?
It depend on what you buy... what size it is..what is the total value and how you are getting it ship.

Basicaly its cost pretty much the same as shipping stuff inside the US.

The Dobermann frames are free UPS shipping to the US.

To give you a idea. It cost a between 45$ (eastcoast) to 80$(westcoast) to ship a frames to the US from Canada (east). A frame is ligth...but we get killed on the box size. Most online shop have free shipping deals if you spend X amount of $.

If the value is under 2000$ i dont think there is any custom fee's if its someting produced in Canada. Some shipping company will have free custom brokage... some will have a flat rate (20$ or so).

What did you get from Australia ?? now.. that most of been soming small to avoid getting killed by shipping. (unless you used regular mail)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
what about custom stuff? still the same $$?
The "power" of your USD$ will be the same what ever you buy in Canada, if its a bike, a car..or a custom frame its the same... but it will change every day... it could could down or up.

The price listed on the dobermann blog are the MSRP for the stock frames.
If you want some pricing on a custom frame or custom mods to the stock frame, send me a email dobmaster@dobermannbikes.com

Cheers!

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
When are the bars comming out? Thats really the only thing I'm interested in at the momment.
The tubing is on its way...to Canada...and Ourgh...we got killed by the exange rate (to keep this on the subject).

Once the tubing is in we will need some time to get them cut, bent, trickout and powder coated. Most custom colors will be powder coated on order.

I cant give you a date...but they are definatly gettin made.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
The tubing is on its way...to Canada...and Ourgh...we got killed by the exange rate (to keep this on the subject).

Once the tubing is in we will need some time to get them cut, bent, trickout and powder coated. Most custom colors will be powder coated on order.

I cant give you a date...but they are definatly gettin made.
Thats sick I can't wait. Any idea on the weight?