Quantcast

It's Tuesday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fans are still blowing. Insurance isn't challenging anything. Main fridge isn't working; haven't checked downstairs yet. And go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I do not open mail, I do not answer phones, the fridge is pretty much a home for mayonnaise alone
Watch a pocket-knife surgeon cut a cyst out in the kitchen
It's the cousin to acutely removing his own stitches in a pinch
Kool-Aid ooze that is toothache, mushroom growing in the car
It's just another Tuesday

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:banghead:

Today I get to play graphic designer and VB scripter, which is cool cause I have zero formal or informal training in either. And there is nobody I can ask for help. Lovely.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There's my little ridemonkey friends!! I ran six miles on the track this morning, alternating one lap hard and one lap easy. Shorts a t-shirt in December, and I am someone who errs on the side of dressing warm.

I worked until 7:30 last night, then logged on to 50 new e-mails this morning. jhfc.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello snow! My town next to the lake got dumped on with snow, or more accurately, is still getting dumped on. A full size school bus was once again sideways and stuck at the end of the street.

Half the snow 30 mins south at work.

Supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow.

Guess I better inflate the fat bike tires and bleed the shimano brakes. :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone elses work place retired Skype in favour of Teams Chat? We're doing this in 7 days. Teams Chat sucks so much in comparison, how does no one realize this? :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep. My Fenix 5 shows consistently 10-15% shorter rides and lower top speeds than my buddy's F6 when we ride together. @CrabJoe StretchPants has one based on his Connect data so I am curious to see the difference.
interesting. i benchmarked my garmin off my cell phone, and they were pretty close to one another. to be fair they could both be way off.

the reason i don't use the speed sensor on my MTB is because the rubber mounting case for it isn't large enough to fit around an MTB hub. have they fixed that? its been a while since i've looked.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
interesting. i benchmarked my garmin off my cell phone, and they were pretty close to one another. to be fair they could both be way off.

the reason i don't use the speed sensor on my MTB is because the rubber mounting case for it isn't large enough to fit around an MTB hub. have they fixed that? its been a while since i've looked.
The cadence sensor comes with 3 different length rubber bands, but the speed sensor is a fixed/permanent band....so no. This was over the summer, so very recent.

It was pretty hard to get onto my Pro4 hubs, which are pretty average sized hubs. Though that was more a product of working through the spokes and being a PITA to get your hands in a good position.

You running a Seismic hub or something?

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yep. My Fenix 5 shows consistently 10-15% shorter rides and lower top speeds than my buddy's F6 when we ride together. @CrabJoe StretchPants has one based on his Connect data so I am curious to see the difference.
We'll need to ride together ASAP and have you not ass-plode your bottom bracket.

My 5X is consistently 15-20% longer in distances than my friend's Lezyne unit, and that's after at least 10-12 rides. Last ride I did another friend was very close (within .2mi over a ~10.5mi ride I believe), but don't know what he was using.

In my experience, all the distance/speed/elevation readings on pretty much all handheld/watch GPS seem suspect. Though when I look at the recorded GPS tracks after a ride/hike, the accuracy overlaid on the map is crazy accurate, so I tend to believe it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We'll need to ride together ASAP and have you not ass-plode your bottom bracket.

My 5X is consistently 15-20% longer in distances than my friend's Lezyne unit, and that's after at least 10-12 rides. Last ride I did another friend was very close (within .2mi over a ~10.5mi ride I believe), but don't know what he was using.

In my experience, all the distance/speed/elevation readings on pretty much all handheld/watch GPS seem suspect. Though when I look at the recorded GPS tracks after a ride/hike, the accuracy overlaid on the map is crazy accurate, so I tend to believe it.
the elevation is definitely suspect. i'll get 30+ feet of elevation change when i'm on the stationary bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We still use both interchangeably, but when someone messages me in Teams I am far more likely to ignore you.:p
I'll probably ignore you too, but because the Teams window doesn't flash or notify you that there is someone sending you a message.

And how can you not pop out the entire chat window like Skype? From what I can tell, there is no easy way to open more than one Teams window. So if I do see a new chat message, I need to exit whatever I'm working on in Teams, go read the stupid message and then navigate back to whatever I was working on.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'll probably ignore you too, but because the Teams window doesn't flash or notify you that there is someone sending you a message.

And how can you not pop out the entire chat window like Skype? From what I can tell, there is no easy way to open more than one Teams window. So if I do see a new chat message, I need to exit whatever I'm working on in Teams, go read the stupid message and then navigate back to whatever I was working on.

Right click, pop out chat....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
ahh gotcha. Best you can do is have your taskbar set to "group similar tabs" or whatever it is. They'll still all be individual chat windows, but at least you just mouse over the same taskbar icon, and select the right one.

Not as clean as skype clearly, but better than what you described.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's cold, damn. Clear for like a week, but cold, holy hell it's cold. I need a better heater for the shed, brrr.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Has anyone elses work place retired Skype in favour of Teams Chat? We're doing this in 7 days. Teams Chat sucks so much in comparison, how does no one realize this? :(
yes. i hate teams.
We still use both interchangeably, but when someone messages me in Teams I am far more likely to ignore you.:p
I joined my company right after they started phasing out Skype in favor of Teams, so I really don't know any difference. We mostly use Teams for audio and video meetings, and tend to use Slack for all text-based async communications. Apparently there was a time when Skype was still in play, and there were three (3) IM clients being used. Thank goodness that's over. I am firm believer in once the nuances and quirks are learned, I can make anything work.