Quantcast

It's Wednesday ! GMT !!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I woke up at 3:00 am to impending explosive diarrhea, and have been up since then showering the bowl. I guess that's what I get for making fun of my wife via facetime for being hung over.... (she's not a drinker...) Karma, she's a bish.

Now at work to oversee the receipt of the steel structure by the steel worker contractor (didn't want to say erectors).

Their crane isn't certified. Operations halted. They handed me the "paperwork" for the crane. It was an inspection report listing all of the deficiencies that needed to be corrected before the crane could be certified. Exactly NOT what we need to authorise work. I get a blank stare when I tell them it's a problem and shut them down. So...troubling... Pretty sure the guy couldn't read the paper he handed to me.

Chairing a meeting with said contractor in 1.5 hours. I think I'll let them do the talking. They have some 'splaining to do.

Good thing I'm being paid handsomely, or coming here would have been a decision to regret...

Also got this email from the Canadian embassy yesterday:

Dear Canadian citizen,

In the current context of conflict in Mali, all countries that have publicly offered support in the multinational effort have become a potential target for a terrorist attack.

The Embassy of Canada advises you to be vigilant and exercise great caution in the coming weeks.

We recommend you to take the following safety measures:

1. Avoid large gatherings and crowded places, particularly those with Westerners.

2. Keep a fully charged cellphone on you at all times.

3. Make sure you have on hand emergency contact numbers.

4. Collect all your important papers and documents.

5. Confirm that the passports of your family members and yourself have at least six months validity. The Consular section of the Embassy is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 13:30 to 17:00 for replacement or renewal formalities.

The Embassy recommends you listen to local news to stay informed of any development. If you notice anything unusual, we encourage you to contact the local police or the security advisor at the Embassy, M. LePoupee at getme.outofhere@international.gc.ca.

Please take a look at the latest travel advisory for Canadians in Senegal at http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=260000

The Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To reach the Operation Centre, dial 001 (613) 996-8885 or write to sos@international.gc.ca.

We would be grateful if you would pass the contents of this letter on to any other Canadian citizens that you know and have them provide their whereabouts to our attention if they are not already registered with us at www.travel.gc.ca/registration.
Nope, not regretting being here one bit... Sh!t.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Huh...today is indeed Wednesday. Feels like a Tuesday ffs. OMG wake up.

Knee surgery scheduled for Feb 5. They got me in quickly thanks to someone else canceling. I'll be riding again (road) in April. Ski season pass pissed away though after about only one day's use. Meh. But, yesterday was a good day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did a quick ride yesterday afternoon. First ride in a while, so it was a bit pitiful. My cranks arm also mostly fell off. I'm not really sure how that happened, but it made for a fun last mile riding one-legged.

Have work today and just found out yesterday that our monthly target for sales is up 10%. This should be interesting, as the large majority of us were struggling to hit the prior goal. Gotta love it... Higher target in a more restrictive environment.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Da Peach - how about you so the security guy a favor and remove his email?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Iab - see if they will let you change ownership, or get credit for next year. I know some resorts do that based on injury very early season.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Tis interesting what you can find on the interwebs. Just sayin'.

Moar office today. The boss is looking to whore us out to other offices to keep us employed. I'm volunteering to go.

Be safe out there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Still cold as **** here in western NY. The snow advisory only produced 3" of snow here in Rochester but supposedly both Buffalo and Syracuse got hit pretty good. Meh... that's about it.

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Hot diggity damn this week is crawling. And it's a short week too. :dead:

Visiting a friend tonight who just got back from Nepal. At least I have something to look forward to. That and I have a date with the trainer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Too cold for me this morning in NYC. Wish I was in Miami visiting my friends.
It is too damn cold. 16 on the drive in per the car.

Being sick (again) as of last night and this morning, I went to work just long enough to clock in so I get paid and take care of the 5 minutes of administrative work to make sure conference runs properly. I then promptly walked out the door and returned home. Since I'm not doing anything with patient care these days I figure it's best for me and the hospital in general to keep my sick ass home instead of shedding virii all over the place.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Huh...today is indeed Wednesday. Feels like a Tuesday ffs. OMG wake up.

Knee surgery scheduled for Feb 5. They got me in quickly thanks to someone else canceling. I'll be riding again (road) in April. Ski season pass pissed away though after about only one day's use. Meh. But, yesterday was a good day.
You should check with the ski area - out here they will refund some of your $$ if you are out for the season due to injury...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all. Got my oatmeal and tea. Ready to make today my bitch.

Probably go for a run a little later. Since there isn't anywhere to ride around my work, I started running and dropping weight. Stoked. Did 9 miles last week (2 on Monday, 3 on Wednesday, and 4 on Friday). Hoping to do 9-10 this week. Already did 3 on Monday. Maybe another 3-4 today and Friday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkys.

Had a fun night with some random chick off the interwebz. Might see her again soon. Have a date for Thursday, might also be a good time.

I am starting to wonder if I attract crazy, or is it the majority of ladies in my age group are just simply crazy. Or maybe I am just slow. Who knows, but there are some agressive ladies in the wild. I would call them cougars, but since we are close in age, I don't think that term applies.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm thinking that I might fix my cranks tonight and go for another ride while it's still warm enough to do such.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkys.

Had a fun night with some random chick off the interwebz. Might see her again soon. Have a date for Thursday, might also be a good time.

I am starting to wonder if I attract crazy, or is it the majority of ladies in my age group are just simply crazy.
If they are your age and single - likely crazy.
If they are your age and divorced - likely crazy.
If they are your age and meeting people on the internet - almost certainly crazy.
If they are your age and *married* - postitively bat$hit crazy.

HTH.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If they are your age and single - likely crazy.
If they are your age and divorced - likely crazy.
If they are your age and meeting people on the internet - almost certainly crazy.

HTH.
The truth. Like my brother used to say: "No matter how hot she is, somewhere someone is tired of her sh!t."

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2013
Rode this morning at 10 degrees. Got in a 1:05, trails were awesome. So fast, felt like I was in one of those PB videos.

Going to get a nice 4 hr ride in tomorrow starting at 15 degrees.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well after 2 tries at repairing the water heater the MFG replaced it under warranty. Only 6 days of using the shower in the RV. We did have to pay for part of the install, our part was to bring all the connections up to current building codes. New water supply lines, run a drain pipe to the outside of the house, different roof vent tubes. But we have hot water again and a new Water Heater with a 12 year Warranty so it all worked out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hit a new milestone tonight. The last of the moving boxes are out of the house. More importantly I was able to set up the home gym tonight. The gap between the machines is for the road bikes on wind trainers. All I need now is to put a flat screen TV on the wall in front of everything.