Quantcast

It's what makes the world go bump

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
So my brother is finishing up his system in his car, and gettin it ready for competition. I think it's pretty sweet. Parts consist of:
-2 12" infinity perfect subs
-2 1920w Power acustik amps
-a 2 farad capacitor (not doin a whole lot, mainly just for the light)
-a 5 farad capacitor doin most of the work
-4 infinity reference door speaker with seperate tweaters
-1000w alpine amp for the door speakers
- and an alpine head unit, not really sure what kind
and a few other things i'm not really sure what they are

That black cable there is a 0 gauge cable

after we put the seats back in

when the bass bumps the lightling strikes, and there are red led's along the front that flash

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I had a "boomin'" system or whatever they are called now about 10 or so years ago. I could hit a solid 140db and the sides of my crappy car would flex with the bass hits. In hindsight, that's money I wish I had back. Live and learn.

He's gonna get dinged in sanctioned comps with the rat's nest wiring behind the seat. Good judges will will want to see all the equipment etc. to make sure the competitor really has what he says he has.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
nothing against your brother, but sometimes i get the feeling that people who spend big $$$ on car audio are often more into the public reaction more than they are the music...

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Just make sure nothing is loose on the car, i.e. muffler bolts. Earlier today I heard a kid who had a great sounding system but when he got it up to a certain level the bass made something on his car rattle really loudly and sounded terrible.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
his is a mix of the two, he loves the music, but the public reaction when people hear his car and see his handicap licsense plate is priceless

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
In my former life (in high school and early college years) I worked in a shop doing custom audio installs. The dude with the crazy avatar is right...he is going to get torn up by the judges if he doesn't fix that wiring and whatnot. Caraudio competition is a pretty cut-throat thing (like everything is right?)...but I give two thumbs up for the Infinity Perfects...some of my favorite subs :)

Also, 4 door speakers? Sounds like a potential imaging problem. Make sure he spends the money on some RTA time...

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
a contest to see who can spend the most money? They should make the contest for scratch built components.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Might want to toss a few cooling fans in there...Try and do a circuit through the trunk. It'll require drilling two holes through the trunk floor and doing a little bit of extra wiring and a small bit of duct work. But it'll be worth it, for the longevity of the equipment anyway. Otherwise those amps and caps are gonna cook themselves...Electronics that have that much juice goin' through em get really hot and don't like confined spaces. I know that my 600w (subs) and 400w (doors) got raging hot before I did this, and I had more cubic footage than that.