Quantcast

It's what Steve Irwin would've wanted...

Aug 31, 2006
'Crocodile Hunter' fans may be taking revenge on stingrays
News provided by AFP

Fans trying to avenge the death of popular television wildlife star Steve Irwin may have killed as many as 10 stingrays and cut off their deadly tails, a conservationist has said.

Irwin, 44, daredevil star of the popular "Crocodile Hunter" programme on the Discovery Channel, was killed last week when stabbed in the chest by a stingray tail barb while filming off the Great Barrier Reef.

Since his death authorities say as many as 10 stingrays have been found dead on the beaches of northeastern Queensland state, where Irwin lived and ran his Australia Zoo, the national AAP news agency reported.

more
He's probably turning in his watery grave.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I hope the stingray killers take a barb in the nuts, then one in the heart, after about 25 minutes...

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
The sting rays were probably incidental catches.

There had been reports of similar incidents in the past after fishermen had inadvertently caught stingrays and cut off the tails so they were not stung, he said, but such incidents were not common.
Well they're not that uncommon from what I've heard anyway.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Whenever I go out to the Delaware coast, there are always dead rays and skates on the beach. I'm not sure why but I think fisherman catch them and then just toss them to the side. Usually the gulls pick their eyes out. It's pretty cool.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Whenever I go out to the Delaware coast, there are always dead rays and skates on the beach. I'm not sure why but I think fisherman catch them and then just toss them to the side. Usually the gulls pick their eyes out. It's pretty cool.
pics??

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I bet you will see 10 or so Stinray barbs on EBAY all labeled "this is the barb that killed the Crock Hunter!!!"

Fvcking @ssholes!

Aug 31, 2006
whoa! I can sell 'em for good cash? Cool.

Plus, I hear there's a crafter in Hotepa that can make a Stingray barb into a poison dagger with +5 to hit.

I'm totally gonna camp that site for some mad loot.