Quantcast

Itunes. How to equalize volume?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Some of my songs are set at differnet volume levels so depending on certain songs I have to crank the volume on my Ipod to hear. Is there a fuction in itunes to make the volume all the same?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Some of my songs are set at differnet volume levels so depending on certain songs I have to crank the volume on my Ipod to hear. Is there a fuction in itunes to make the volume all the same?
option a) soundcheck. preferences -> playback in itunes, and on the settings menu on your ipod.

option b) set 'em by hand. file -> get info (or apple/ctrl-I) on a song or bunch of songs, options, volume adjustment.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
option a) soundcheck. preferences -> playback in itunes, and on the settings menu on your ipod.

option b) set 'em by hand. file -> get info (or apple/ctrl-I) on a song or bunch of songs, options, volume adjustment.
So if I chose to go with B and chose all the songs in my ipod did the get info they'd all come out the exact volume level?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So if I chose to go with B and chose all the songs in my ipod did the get info they'd all come out the exact volume level?
Depending on how much music you have that would be a HUGE pain in the ass. Also, it seems like when I change the volume of a song in iTunes, the amount of volume change is different on my ipod than it was in my computer. So for example if you reduce the volume of a song so it sounds the same as your other songs in iTunes, it will be too quiet when you play it back on your ipod. I'd say go with option 1.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
What about neutralizing continuity gaps between songs on live albums?
that was always a weakness of previous iTunes/iPods...not sure if they have got a fix around that or not, but i've heard they do; the Karma was doing gapless playback 4 years ago...

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I love how when my cell phone is anywhere near the iPod in my car, the volume goes haywire and I almost blow the speakers.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
I love how when my cell phone is anywhere near the iPod in my car, the volume goes haywire and I almost blow the speakers.
Some cells generate enough RF to profoundly effect electronics. 'specially if they are really close.

What do you get if you leave one of these phones atop, oh let's say...
- A sound console hooked to a large PA system. placed directly over the main output section.

...and that phone rings?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Some cells generate enough RF to profoundly effect electronics. 'specially if they are really close.

What do you get if you leave one of these phones atop, oh let's say...
- A sound console hooked to a large PA system. placed directly over the main output section.

...and that phone rings?
I can always tell when my phones about to ring, as any surrounding speakers go haywire just before i receive the call. :biggrin:

Go Cingular.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
my brother is mentaly retarted and for some reason he know when your cell is going to ring. no joking ive been in the other room with my cell on silent and he will be on his computer blasting music in another part of the house and he will just yell sean you phone is ringing. and it always is. so werid.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
my brother is mentaly retarted and for some reason he know when your cell is going to ring. no joking ive been in the other room with my cell on silent and he will be on his computer blasting music in another part of the house and he will just yell sean you phone is ringing. and it always is. so werid.
Wow that is crazy. Have you told a doctor? That's really interesting.