Quantcast

Itunes/ipod help....

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
so I searched this forum but couldn't really find the answer...I recently had guests with us for about a week. They had an ipod and used my itunes to get a few songs from me. Now i haven't used itunes since filling my ipod with all my music. I find it a bit frustrating to use. Well I open it to add a new CD and my library is empty. I called my friend but she claimed ignorance. Is there a way to import all the songs from my Ipod nano back into itunes? I'm sure there is and I'm missing it but I don't want to plug in my nano and have the whole thing wiped clean...D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Now i haven't used itunes since filling my ipod with all my music.

Is there a way to import all the songs from my ipod nano back into itunes?

Your entire library fit on a Nano?!

Do you know about the intarwebs?

Edit: The Green Day box set does not count as music...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Remove iTunes from your PC, install Winamp, install ml_ipod plugin, plugin iPod, select all music, right-click and select "Copy to Hard Drive"...

HTH. :D
ok I'm halfway there...I have Winamp 5.2 from what I'm reading it says I don't need to add the plug in....do you think it's necessary?...D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ok I'm halfway there...I have Winamp 5.2 from what I'm reading it says I don't need to add the plug in....do you think it's necessary?...D
The plugin which came with Winamp 5.2 would NOT work with my iPod Nano. Winamp would $hit the bed when I tried to do any transfers to/from the iPod. A little more investigation revealed that the 3rd-party plugin worked and had a number of additional features (none of which I care about particularly) :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
The plugin which came with Winamp 5.2 would NOT work with my iPod Nano. Winamp would $hit the bed when I tried to do any transfers to/from the iPod. A little more investigation revealed that the 3rd-party plugin worked and had a number of additional features (none of which I care about particularly) :D

ok so I did it now my computer is saying I'm low on storage space:rant: I really need to become more computer savvy...I hate not knowing what to do with something I own and spent a lot of money on in the first place.

I have another drive but can't figure out how to put my music library there...D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ok so I did it now my computer is saying I'm low on storage space:rant: I really need to become more computer savvy...I hate not knowing what to do with something I own and spent a lot of money on in the first place.

I have another drive but can't figure out how to put my music library there...D
You can simply move your music files to the new drive then "Add Media to Library" and browse to the new location.

I'm liking Winamp more and more...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I want to come home from the commute, put my Nano into its cozy little cradle and have it load a whole new mix from my music.

WTF?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, don't let other people plug their ipods into your pc.

each ipod is licensed to get music just from one computer. you can get around it if you know how, but as you can see, this is a good way to wipe your music library.

if they want some songs, burn them a cd.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok I have decided to rededicate my efforts....either I will succeed or you will hear about me on the news!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm tired of Itunes... I downloaded mediamonkey. I like it, but it doesn't sync photos or videos (though there is a plugin that lets you organize videos in the program...)

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i love the itunes. someone had to say it here. the new genius thing well is genius! took all the hard work of making playlist out of making a playlist. go mac whoot whoot.

live2pedal

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
Liberal, Ks
Does anyone know an alternative that works with the touch? Winamp worked with my old one, but not the touch. itunes wont work with wine, and none of the linux music players/managers seem to work with the touch.:banghead: