Quantcast

Itunes/ipod help....

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Damnit... after downloading all the episodes of three podcasts, their times are all 0:00. I guess I just have to keep itunes for podcasts.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
So... would the best way to replicate Itune's smart playlist be to have identical views and smart playlists (because they are only on the ipod?) ?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Now I need help

Im set up with a Nano, and Winamp latest version.
Last night I put some new music on the iPod. It was all showing up in Winamp, but nothing on the iPod. If I went into the Ipod on My Computer, I would also see the music, but no actual iPod display.

Follow the usual helpful Apple suggestions - flip the hold switch back and forth a few times, reset a few times. Nada. Finally I did a format through my computer>right click.

The iPod looks re set ( had to re do language etc) but now Winamp isn't recognizing it at all.

I've poked around on the winamp forums, haven't found anything yet. Ideas anyone?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
What a fricken pain.
I had to download and install Itunes, get the newest update, restore ( twice) and then auto synch the music to get it work again. OK fine, now, unintall iTunes, and undo the auto synch manually to get music **I** want on there.

mumble mumble pain in the ass mumble mumble...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I should -rep you for even considering -rep'ing me. :D
Shaddap, you pompus git.

I've reached the unfortunate situation where I have a fridge entirely full of stouts and porters. I try to keep a good balance going, but I managed to run out of IPAs. I want a Runiation right now.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what a huge PITA Itunes is.

i lost my main C: drive months ago but thankfully my music was another drive. when i try to add the files back into Itunes, it either doesnt recognize the files correctly (artist and song info isnt displayed properly), or it takes the files out of their folder and magically puts them into a folder called "unknown artist" mixed with tons of other songs sorted in the most retarded manner
some folders are okay when i transfer, but the majority dont

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Can I store all my music on an external hard drive and still use itunes? Will itunes recognize it when i plug in my external?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what a huge PITA Itunes is.

i lost my main C: drive months ago but thankfully my music was another drive. when i try to add the files back into Itunes, it either doesnt recognize the files correctly (artist and song info isnt displayed properly), or it takes the files out of their folder and magically puts them into a folder called "unknown artist" mixed with tons of other songs sorted in the most retarded manner
some folders are okay when i transfer, but the majority dont
i still have this problem.

itunes sucks

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I hate iTunes, on mac. Right now I got these super maybe super good FLAC files and so cannot hear then I must figure this out. Can anybody help I do not know what I am doing. There are programs out there some cost money some do not. Anyway I need this free, I paid for the concert and I do not play studio recordings.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the new software is actually pretty nice but can be a bit awkward sometimes. i havent tried to upload any of my old files because i dont want to be disapointed