Quantcast

iTunes; is it worth it?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
$0.99 per song, playlists, yadda-yadda-yadda...

Is it worth the time and money?

I am looking to listen to tunes from a couple of bands, The Killers and Interpol.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i have grown to like it from an organizational perspective (does what audiogen purported to do, but a lot better). haven't actually downloaded anything though. i'd go w/ Interpol, not so hot on the Killers. what songs are you looking for? if you want the whole record, it's cheaper to actually buy it. the interpol cds are worth it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you mean "is the iTunes music store worth it?" iTunes itself is free, doesn't cost you anything to rip your own cds or, ahem, download mp3s from other sources. anyway i have only bought a few tracks off of iTMS but it worked fine. basically it's simply whether you want the music or not, and whether you can get it for cheaper yet in a format that will play on your portable-music-device-of-choice and can burn onto cds for car use, etc.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
i have grown to like it from an organizational perspective (does what audiogen purported to do, but a lot better). haven't actually downloaded anything though. i'd go w/ Interpol, not so hot on the Killers. what songs are you looking for? if you want the whole record, it's cheaper to actually buy it. the interpol cds are worth it.
I am looking for some tunes off of Antics. They were recommended by a friend of mine who said they reminded him a of Joy Division.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Toshi said:
you mean "is the iTunes music store worth it?" iTunes itself is free, doesn't cost you anything to rip your own cds or, ahem, download mp3s from other sources. anyway i have only bought a few tracks off of iTMS but it worked fine. basically it's simply whether you want the music or not, and whether you can get it for cheaper yet in a format that will play on your portable-music-device-of-choice and can burn onto cds for car use, etc.

Well... I decided to give kazza a rest for a while...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
iTunes is a great library. The only reason I use it is because I have an iPod. But i'm not paying $.99 a song, I will use "other" sources for that matter or just burn peoples CD's.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
iTunes is great as a player, organizer, and everything else. I love the store personally. I've bought a few cds off it and find it fast, inexpensive, and since all i listen to are MP3s on my computer and my ipod i find it perfect.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
iTunes is by far the best free music organizer/jukebox out there. The store is ok, but I like Real's better as far as extra content like music videos, but I wouldn't use it to buy music just cause the songs won't play on iTunes and there's not as many, and the interface isn't as user friendly either. I would go with iTunes.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Silver said:
I used to listen to them before the RIAA screwed with them. Glad to see they are back online.

I can't stop listening... Sure is nice to be able to music that actually sounds good.