Quantcast

Itunes problemo

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Has anyone ever had Itunes not recognize burnt cd's? It seems to see that there is a cd in the drive, but it wont even bring up a little cd icon to show that there is actually a cd in the drive. This is a PC by the way. I want to kill it at this point, most of my cd's are burned from one person or another. Let me know if you have any suggestions, I want my cd's on my ipod.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
This is gonna sound dumb, but how do I check that? The CD shows up in every other music program that I have on my computer. So the computer seems to show that it is there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
er, does it show up in My Computer then? :D if other programs see it then i don't know what to say. other cds work with itunes?

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Li'l Dave said:
Okay, I was told to update my drivers... now how the heck do I do that? Maybe my computer will actually work if I do that.
wouldnt you just buy a new hard drive it might be expensive but it could work also try doing it on someone else computer and see if they have the same problem it could just be your computer for some odd reason

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
caputo1989 said:
Buy a Mac
bballboy388 said:
wouldnt you just buy a new hard drive it might be expensive but it could work also try doing it on someone else computer and see if they have the same problem it could just be your computer for some odd reason
Chief Monkey, can we ban the idiots from this forum so they don't cause people to do stupid things? "Buy a new hard drive"?! WTF purpose would that serve? If you're so completely unknowledgable as to shoot off a useless suggestion like that, please refrain from offering computer advice to anyone.

Dave, go here:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

...and download that software, and install it. Then download iTunes 4.7 from here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

...then see if that solves your problem :)