Quantcast

***Itwontsuckitselfsaturday****

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
At work, when I get home, everyone else gets to go to work.

Haven't had a drink in a few days, today that might change.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man... apparently got a migraine in the middle of the night. I'm beginning to think there is sufficient evidence to stop using benadryl as this might be a trigger for me. Thankfully I slept through the majority of it, but now I feel groggy and everytime I sneeze or bend over I get the uggos. And I decided not to partake in any "treats" from the lcoal "treat store", but this may actually be having a positive effect on my migraines and could have staved it off. Oh well.

morning should be chill but I'm still hoping to grab that the TT bike.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

not skiing this weekend because holiday crowds

Plan is to lounge, practice, play PlayStation, watch a Marvel Universe flick or two with kids.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile is in Broomfield today, Arvada tomorrow

I feel like I should make a pilgrimage to it with the girls

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Earplugs. Gotta have em if you are crashing for the night in a freeway rest area. Lots of semis coming in and idling all night. I was out cold.
I prefer the walmart parking lots for transient nights since there are cameras, great lighting, roving security and much less noise than anywhere near the highways or interstates. Truck stops come in second if I roll in early enough or there are open spots.

Last two times I stayed over in rest areas I had issues.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I prefer the walmart parking lots for transient nights since there are cameras, great lighting, roving security and much less noise than anywhere near the highways or interstates. Truck stops come in second if I roll in early enough or there are open spots.

Last two times I stayed over in rest areas I had issues.
Walmarts, as a whole, are not a bad place to spend the night, though it entirely depends on where. There are places with transient populations that more or less live there, like Kalispell, MT or Grand Prairie, AB. Those were sketchy as FUCK.

Rest stops were okay too for the most part. Got a knife pulled on me outside of Portland, but nothing to speak of otherwise.

I think our best nights were outside of Cracker Barrel and Cabelas. They tend to get super quiet at night and don't have people lingering.

But yea, earplugs are a must, though God forbid you get caught in the reverberations from two running trucks. Nothing will save you then.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Walmarts, as a whole, are not a bad place to spend the night, though it entirely depends on where. There are places with transient populations that more or less live there, like Kalispell, MT or Grand Prairie, AB. Those were sketchy as FUCK.

Rest stops were okay too for the most part. Got a knife pulled on me outside of Portland, but nothing to speak of otherwise.

I think our best nights were outside of Cracker Barrel and Cabelas. They tend to get super quiet at night and don't have people lingering.

But yea, earplugs are a must, though God forbid you get caught in the reverberations from two running trucks.
There is a huge difference in sound proofing and insulation from my toyhauler to the current coach. I could hear convos and camp fires on the other end of a quiet RV park when sleeping in the toyhauler verses not hearing a thing parked between two reefer trailers in a truck stop.

I forgot about cableas and cracker barrels, I dig those spots much more than walmarts but not as prevalent.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure what I am going to do today, cough is still buggin yo.

Though i had a large DH supreme 297 frame in the bag yesterday but the dude from commencal called back and said "psyche!"

Back on the hunt for a mullet frame
The large is a big beastie, I'm on the large mullet at 6'2"
Did you critique his choice of stabbing implement?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
lolololol I ran for an hour on the high school track this morning and will hop on the Kickr once lunch settles.

We order groceries for pick up and get them Friday nights. Shop Rite gave us 1.5 pounds of cheap deli ham that we did not order and will not eat. Blah. They couldn't have fucked up by giving us steak tips or sumpin'??

Just passed 11 years sans alcohol.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Have a million things I need to do today, currently chilling in the couch with the Minion watching Dinos, will maybe be productive later, maybe.

Any of you woodworking Monkeys have a Kreg ACS? Debating that or a Festool MFT at the moment, or just piece something similar together out of 8020. Need a better way to process sheet goods, and a big ass table saw with slider isn’t in the cards at the moment

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Moar snow. Made the mistake of not shoveling Thursdays dump. Now I get to do both, yay.

Super windy today too, pretty much a nonstop whiteout today with it blowing in off the lake. Lake front park at the end of the street is a massive snow drift, slowly moving toward the road.

No bikes today :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In-laws are here. Went karting with Haley because she wanted to show off her new activity, and she was on fire. 3 new PR laps in Jr karts and 3 new PR laps in adult karts. She scrubbed almost .2sec on the Jr lap, which is huge given she's pushing limit of what the kart can do on track - .78sec until the track record.

Edit: for note, this was in a single adult and single Jr race. So 7 full speed Jr laps - 3 PRs; 9 full speed adult laps - 3 PRs

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
started giving bike a light cleaning yesterday; decided to do a full teardown today because there was so much grit and crap everywhere. pleased to see that all bearings, bottom bracket etc. still running smoothly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The pizza joint in town thinks I'm weird or something. I ordered the extreme veggie plus salami, pepperoni, and sausage. It's great. But I guess I'm the only one smart enough to put meat on the veggie. The "supreme" has like a third of the veggies, so this is way betterer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Have a million things I need to do today, currently chilling in the couch with the Minion watching Dinos, will maybe be productive later, maybe.

Any of you woodworking Monkeys have a Kreg ACS? Debating that or a Festool MFT at the moment, or just piece something similar together out of 8020. Need a better way to process sheet goods, and a big ass table saw with slider isn’t in the cards at the moment
Dunno how big you want, but if Kreg or Festool are smaller than you'd like you could build your own using: https://www.woodpeck.com/hole-boring-jig-2019.html

I have the jig, just haven't found the time yet to make my own MFT.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I've been using the Makita track saw quite successfully. I have a 6' track, which is long enough for just about everything. You can get an 8' track if need too.