Quantcast

i've always wanted a nice watch...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so today was my birthday. got home from my French final, and chilled out. got a call from my girlfriend saying "i've got your gift, i hope you like it. i'll be home in a little bit." she gets home and hands me this bag. i'm thinking it's a new cell phone, which is something i really need. i thought she would buy me one, but was urging her not to, because of the cost. i open the bag and pull out a box. open the box, and inside of a Swiss Army watch i've been wanting for a while. i thought an $80 phone was too much...the watch was at least 3x that. at first i felt guilty because of the cost, but i could tell she was happy to have gotten it for me, so that made me happy. totally surprised, and really, really happy to own what i consider to be a damn fine, no frills, quality watch.

she also got me this:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Gotta love the giant cookie.

Personally, I quit wearing a watch when I left corporate America - no meetings anymore, therefore I don't care what time it is and it is so liberating. I do have a couple nice watches tucked away that I'll wear for special occasions.

Hope you had a good birthday.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin

we went to the store today to get some links taken out. i have to say, i thought this was the best looking watch they had. it's thinner than i thought it would be, too. damn i love this watch. she was about to buy a chronograph...too much going on for my tastes. damn my girlfriend knows what i like.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mack said:
Dont ride with it on. They can really hurt if your wrist bends too far back. :eek:

you're wrist has insurance......... It might break the watch! (I broke my favorite Swiss army watch falling on a rock:( )

I don't see anything after the "she also got me this" What is it?