Quantcast

I've Been Assimilated

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It's official, I now have an iPhone.

Weird little gadget. It feels like I'm talking into a deck of playing cards.

How do I keep Steve Jobs from controlling my mind ? Is there an app for that ?

Are there any RideMonkey apps ? A Loco Sucks or I hate MMike GPS tracker would be good. DirtMcGirk Fap App could come in handy as well.

Hmmm, might have to look into the Apple SDK app development.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats on joining the cult. Soon there may be a Ridemonkey iPhone layout! No app as of yet.

Apps that I particularly like fwiw:

Facebook
Mint.com <-- both website and app
Navigon MobileNavigator
Photogene
OpenTable
Yelp
Photobucket app <-- lets you upload and get direct link URLs remotely!

Handy Man

Chimp
Oct 21, 2009
Some of my favorites:

The Weather Channel
Pandora
Units (unit converter)
Flashlight (is stupid, but surprisingly useful)
Shazam
MotionXGPSLite (free gps tracking software)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
an IPhone might interest me if the carrier was anyone besides AT&T.

Had to laugh when my bosses AT&T phone dropped a business call 6 times in just a few minutes. I lent him my Verizon crackberry to finish the call....no drops during the remaining 15 minutes of the conference.

That and AT&T has zero signal strength where I live and Verizon gives me 3 bars

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Congrats on joining the cult. Soon there may be a Ridemonkey iPhone layout! No app as of yet.
wrong. there's no such thing as an "iphone layout". its a "mobile layout". and the admins have already stated they're not wasting their time with an app.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wrong. there's no such thing as an "iphone layout". its a "mobile layout". and the admins have already stated they're not wasting their time with an app.
If it's just for the cool kids then it would indeed be an iPhone layout :D

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
How do I keep Steve Jobs from controlling my mind ? Is there an app for that ?
my dad used to work for Steve Jobs as his personal AV guy at Jobs' old company NEXT. happy to report that dad hardly ever twitches anymore, and began eating regularly again. Steve-Jobs-Related injuries seem to wear off in a couple decades or so. you'll be alright.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
an IPhone might interest me if the carrier was anyone besides AT&T.

Had to laugh when my bosses AT&T phone dropped a business call 6 times in just a few minutes. I lent him my Verizon crackberry to finish the call....no drops during the remaining 15 minutes of the conference.

That and AT&T has zero signal strength where I live and Verizon gives me 3 bars
About the last thing I wanted to do was fork over anymore money to AT&T, but I had to dump Clearwire. Unfortunately the only other viable option in my building, which is zoned for business, was AT&T DSL. $100/mo. for a 3M connection was a tough one to choke down. They offered me $45 off per month and 6% off voice and data if I switched my cellular to them. My 3.5 year old Razor has been a little squirrelly lately anyway so I went for it. They also said they will give me a $100 bill credit, but it'll take up to 3 billing cycles to show.

I'll end up keeping my monthly communications expenses roughly the same, but will end up with a better, and consistent ISP and an iPhone. Now I have no excuses for not returning e-mails.
:thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
hey next time i come to ur bike shop is ur parking lot attendant going to throw me out???:D
We are sorry about that... If your coming to the shop you're fine. If you're going to the bar let us know so we don't tow you.... The parking lot attendants belong to the bar and they just protect their spots. We have stickers that take all that worry away...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I love seeing people in Asheville with iPhones. It's just sad. One guy was pumped that they have "3G" coverage in Asheville finally. I said "congratulations, you now have coverage for a 3 mile radius." He didn't laugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've noticed that most cars that have an apple sticker in the back window also have a gay pride sticker.

;):p
:rofl:

remember back in 2004 when bush/cheney were running? and the blue campaign bumper stickers? ever catch one that got uh, "amended" with another sticker right in front of it that said "another idiot for"? yea, those were good times.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
This thing should be re-named the iTime Waster. Holy crap is it addictive.

Amazing little device though. Being able to look up an online schedule for a friend with him on the phone is pretty impressive.

It seems to do everything except brew coffee. Those Apple people are slackin.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I love rocket taxi. I get drunk a lot but don't want a DUI. Rocket taxi approximates your address and gives you numbers to calls a cab.