Quantcast

I've been burgled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the house got broken into Tuesday night and the only thing that appears to be missing is my plasma TV. Three bikes and a ton of other stuff that was just lying around was left behind. Unbelievable....<sigh>

Oh and the coincidence to all this? I was supposed to be profiled in the local paper in a story about Comcast Cable TV finally bringing HDTV to our city. Reporter/writer was aware that I had a PDP/HD set-up and was asking to come out and take some pictures of me and my setup Monday. I couldn't make due to work constraints and gee, the next day my house is broken into? Hmmm.... :nuts:

Oh and before the chior starts preaching, I now have renters insurance. A bit late for the tele, but at least if it happens again, I'll be covered.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
surfinguru said:
Well, the house got broken into Tuesday night and the only thing that appears to be missing is my plasma TV. Three bikes and a ton of other stuff that was just lying around was left behind. Unbelievable....<sigh>

Oh and the coincidence to all this? I was supposed to be profiled in the local paper in a story about Comcast Cable TV finally bringing HDTV to our city. Reporter/writer was aware that I had a PDP/HD set-up and was asking to come out and take some pictures of me and my setup Monday. I couldn't make due to work constraints and gee, the next day my house is broken into? Hmmm.... :nuts:

Oh and before the chior starts preaching, I now have renters insurance. A bit late for the tele, but at least if it happens again, I'll be covered.
Sounds like the guy at the newspaper was casing your joint.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manziman said:
That sucks. Which bikes were stolen? How much ($ wise) was taken? maybe you should sleep with a shot gun.
maybe you should read his post.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
maybe you should read his post.
The cornrows are so tight, it's stopped circulation to his brain... :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your TV, dude. Glad to hear that nothing else was stolen (ahem, manziman).

Yeah, thank god my Fly wasn't stolen! I would've been even more pissed. The TV when new was ~$3500. Replacement cost now days is ~$2k.

To be honest, I'm more freaked out that someone was watching my movements/schedule as well as having them in my house just cruising around going through everything. Now I understand those that say they've been "violated."

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
surfinguru said:
To be honest, I'm more freaked out that someone was watching my movements/schedule as well as having them in my house just cruising around going through everything. Now I understand those that say they've been "violated."
That happened to a family friend of ours. Someone would park outside their house and watch, it was really messed up. Her credit cards were used and had to go through that whole "Identity Theft" thing. it was pretty crazy. You should get a pit bull or something..

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
binary visions said:
They would be, if we set them on fire.
Yeah, Just make sure to remove the RM hat. No need to destroy it, it's been violated enough.

Sucks about the TV,... sounds like the TV guy knew someone...

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
one of my friends had his grill stolen and a week later it reurned misteriously with a note apoligizing and 2 tickets to a Pistons game when he got home from the game his house was empty

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
firetoole said:
one of my friends had his grill stolen and a week later it reurned misteriously with a note apoligizing and 2 tickets to a Pistons game when he got home from the game his house was empty
Hahahahahaha! That's awesome. What a great idea!

Sucks for your friend, though :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dang man, sorry to hear about the burglery. At least they didn't take any bikes! Did you call the cops? Were they helpful at all, or useless?

"Manziklan" - Sounds like a custom title to me. In the short time that I have been here that is only the second racist comment I have seen. And I don't think he meant to be really derrogatory... he just didn't think about what he was typing. Yeah, a temporary banishment and a messed up custom title sounds like adequate punishment. Then again, he does have cornrows...

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Sorry to hear that. :(

Last year we had the house broken into, they tore apart the whole house and took a laptop, the PS2, jewelry, and some cash, but hey at least they didn't take our bikes. :D

Good thinking on getting the renter's insurance in case anything happens again. :)

stoney98 said:
well, when you get a new tv, get a comercial version. you need to disable the tuners for cable, so you don't need them. Also, If you have surround (i'd assume you have it), you don't need the speakers. You can save $3k. Buy it online. My pops just ordered a 55" flat screen for $2500, no tuners, no speakers. Same plasma at the retail version.
Yep, had the Panasonic TH-42PWD5UY. Looking at picking up the newer generation 7UY. Visual Apex up in Washington hooked me up the first go around. The new unit is listing at $1545. Quite the price drop from 4/03. I've got the full HT surround sound setup, so yeah, the consumer model is overkill. Besides, the 7UY is black, non of that lame silver crap.

Anybody interested in upper end display systems should give these guys a shout. FWIW, they looked up my old order and faxed over the original invoice for me which included the unit serial number. I then faxed that over to the fuzz. I seriously doubt I'll see the unit again, but you just never know.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
stoney98 said:
well, when you get a new tv, get a comercial version. you need to disable the tuners for cable, so you don't need them. Also, If you have surround (i'd assume you have it), you don't need the speakers. You can save $3k. Buy it online. My pops just ordered a 55" flat screen for $2500, no tuners, no speakers. Same plasma at the retail version.
What are the downsides of this if you have the cable box and surround sound? What TV did your pop get?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
What are the downsides of this if you have the cable box and surround sound?
The only downside is that you can't ever run your TV free of the speakers or cable box (or, if you want, your VCR will sub as a tuner for basic cable).

I had a friend who did this and didn't really like the fact that he couldn't run his TV free of his stereo. He couldn't play music simultaneously with the TV, and when his amp was toast, he lost the ability to watch TV until he got a new amp.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
manziman said:
hey, i'm not that black that i steal TVs...
Hey Manzitler, you are a dumbass cracker.

Dude, if you don't see what's wrong with that post, you really need to get a clue. If you can't come up with anything to say other than some stupid racist comment, stay the hell off the board!

Not to mention that dumbass comment about pit bulls.

[But I just had a thought. If you are mixed race, I apologize. But your comment was still racist and offensive.]

Status
Not open for further replies.