Quantcast

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I got the other two (the old guy in the white hat was the only black guy I originally saw) but I can't find the first guy you're referring to.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Nice catch.

We'll call it 3. Black support for the Teatards has tripled since the beginning of this thread. That's an incredible groundswell of support from minorities, you have to admit.

edit: We should probably say doubled though...all those originalists in the crowd, y'know?

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Construction Complete On 9/11 Truther Memorial
SEPTEMBER 7, 2010 | ISSUE 46•36

UNDISCLOSED—On a remote patch of Kansas prairie believed to fall outside the range of U.N. spy satellites, construction is finally complete on the long- awaited 9/11 Truther Memorial, sources confirmed Wednesday.

Funded by donations from dozens of websites and fringe publishers, and dedicated to "the fearless amateur research and bold guesswork" of those seeking to "expose the secret machinations of the world's true puppet masters," the 7,000-square-foot monument has already attracted hundreds of visitors.

"It was a long time coming, but at last it's here," said Don Gustaf, a blogger who drove from Cincinnati to see the site. "This will stand forever in tribute to those who lost their lives the day clandestine CIA operatives used advanced wireless technology to electronically hijack a pair of 767s and remotely fly them into the World Trade Center."

Created by a design team who chose to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals from the Bilderberg Group, the memorial has as its centerpiece the "Truth Towers," a 60-foot-tall replica of the World Trade Center that houses a museum devoted to unanswered questions surrounding the attacks. Below it lies a pentagonal reflecting pool from which emerge 18 steps leading to the base of the monument, with each stair intended to symbolize one of the 18 Great Lies of the 9/11 conspiracy.

"This is a place where Americans can come to reflect on the most elaborate hoax in our nation's history," said Carol Bowerman, 53, wiping away tears as she walked passed a 15-foot granite cylinder representing the cruise missile used to fake a plane crash at the Pentagon. "On this hallowed ground, those of us who refuse to accept the official version of events can mourn the day the United States was taken over by a crypto-fascist cabal more powerful than anyone can imagine."

"It's so moving," Bowerman added.

The museum is free and open to the public, though $10 is charged for admittance to the theater screening an endless 12-second loop of the building at World Trade Center 7 collapsing, an event a modulated voice-over describes as an obvious controlled demolition.

The collection also includes an interactive exhibit demonstrating how President Bush was able to calmly finish reading a book to second-graders on 9/11 because he knew about the strikes in advance and thus the news didn't alarm him in the slightest.

Response to the memorial from members of the truther community has been positive.

"A dozen brilliant lights—one for each of the 12 charges used to bring down the World Trade Center—boldly shine their truth upon our ignorant world," read a review of the memorial on the website IlluminatiFAQs.com. "Perhaps most profound is the eternal flame, placed directly beneath a beam of reinforced steel to remind us there's no way burning jet fuel can melt steel, as the main stream media would have us believe."

The reviewer goes on to state that even the convoluted landscaping suggests the way a labyrinthine network of federal agencies, defense contractors, and oil companies went to enormous lengths to make it look as though an Egyptian man leading a group of 15 Saudi Arabians had attacked the United States, then used this as a pretext for invading Iraq and Afghanistan to gain access to priceless Central Asian pipelines and begin devaluing the American dollar in preparation for an economic war with China that will plummet the global econ≠omy into a massive depression from which a single fascist corporate state will eventually emerge.

"Look, there's Joel," visitor Lance Mattson told reporters, pointing to a wall listing the names of the several thousand Jews who received advanced warning not to go into work on 9/11. "It's just so moving to think—hey, why are you asking so many questions, anyway? Who sent you here?"

"Oh my God, this is all part of it, isn't it?" Mattson added. "I should have known! This whole place is just another conspiracy to placate those brave enough to speak the truth."

Mattson then excused himself and rushed past a series of bronze bas-reliefs charting the connections between the Carlyle Group, Donald Rumsfeld, and the bin Laden family.

At press time, no members of the Trilateral Commission, New World Order, or the committee in charge of constructing the 9/11 memorial at the Ground Zero site in Lower Manhattan were available for comment.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Construction Complete On 9/11 Truther Memorial
SEPTEMBER 7, 2010 | ISSUE 46•36

UNDISCLOSED—On a remote patch of Kansas prairie believed to fall outside the range of U.N. spy satellites, construction is finally complete on the long- awaited 9/11 Truther Memorial, sources confirmed Wednesday.

Funded by donations from dozens of websites and fringe publishers, and dedicated to "the fearless amateur research and bold guesswork" of those seeking to "expose the secret machinations of the world's true puppet masters," the 7,000-square-foot monument has already attracted hundreds of visitors.

"It was a long time coming, but at last it's here," said Don Gustaf, a blogger who drove from Cincinnati to see the site. "This will stand forever in tribute to those who lost their lives the day clandestine CIA operatives used advanced wireless technology to electronically hijack a pair of 767s and remotely fly them into the World Trade Center."

Created by a design team who chose to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals from the Bilderberg Group, the memorial has as its centerpiece the "Truth Towers," a 60-foot-tall replica of the World Trade Center that houses a museum devoted to unanswered questions surrounding the attacks. Below it lies a pentagonal reflecting pool from which emerge 18 steps leading to the base of the monument, with each stair intended to symbolize one of the 18 Great Lies of the 9/11 conspiracy.

"This is a place where Americans can come to reflect on the most elaborate hoax in our nation's history," said Carol Bowerman, 53, wiping away tears as she walked passed a 15-foot granite cylinder representing the cruise missile used to fake a plane crash at the Pentagon. "On this hallowed ground, those of us who refuse to accept the official version of events can mourn the day the United States was taken over by a crypto-fascist cabal more powerful than anyone can imagine."

"It's so moving," Bowerman added.

The museum is free and open to the public, though $10 is charged for admittance to the theater screening an endless 12-second loop of the building at World Trade Center 7 collapsing, an event a modulated voice-over describes as an obvious controlled demolition.

The collection also includes an interactive exhibit demonstrating how President Bush was able to calmly finish reading a book to second-graders on 9/11 because he knew about the strikes in advance and thus the news didn't alarm him in the slightest.

Response to the memorial from members of the truther community has been positive.

"A dozen brilliant lights—one for each of the 12 charges used to bring down the World Trade Center—boldly shine their truth upon our ignorant world," read a review of the memorial on the website IlluminatiFAQs.com. "Perhaps most profound is the eternal flame, placed directly beneath a beam of reinforced steel to remind us there's no way burning jet fuel can melt steel, as the main stream media would have us believe."

The reviewer goes on to state that even the convoluted landscaping suggests the way a labyrinthine network of federal agencies, defense contractors, and oil companies went to enormous lengths to make it look as though an Egyptian man leading a group of 15 Saudi Arabians had attacked the United States, then used this as a pretext for invading Iraq and Afghanistan to gain access to priceless Central Asian pipelines and begin devaluing the American dollar in preparation for an economic war with China that will plummet the global econ≠omy into a massive depression from which a single fascist corporate state will eventually emerge.

"Look, there's Joel," visitor Lance Mattson told reporters, pointing to a wall listing the names of the several thousand Jews who received advanced warning not to go into work on 9/11. "It's just so moving to think—hey, why are you asking so many questions, anyway? Who sent you here?"

"Oh my God, this is all part of it, isn't it?" Mattson added. "I should have known! This whole place is just another conspiracy to placate those brave enough to speak the truth."

Mattson then excused himself and rushed past a series of bronze bas-reliefs charting the connections between the Carlyle Group, Donald Rumsfeld, and the bin Laden family.

At press time, no members of the Trilateral Commission, New World Order, or the committee in charge of constructing the 9/11 memorial at the Ground Zero site in Lower Manhattan were available for comment.
somewhere 3D and rick have their pants unzipped....

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Oh noes! The cheezy security camera didn't capture a nice image of the plane as it smashed into a building at 800 MPH? Must be a cover up!
no, the quality images have been captured. Try to bare in mind that it is the pentagon not a goddamn wallmart.

PS. You image is of someone driving a plane across the lawn into the pentagon.
You're right... driving, flying, crashing, sliding, swooshing (or what ever f ing verb u choose) without leaving as much as golfer's sized divot... huh? neat

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Yes?? :rofl::rofl:

especially if you think this

is how the plane impacted the pentagon.
Care to elaborate with that there? Or are talking about a different pentagon?
Or are you not even reading whats posted before inserting such bass ackwards rubbish?

That picture represents the official version (that you believe in), not mine. Thanks for solidifying my point further. :thumb:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
its not the quality of the blur that's in question, it's the size. does your front wheel resemble the diameter of a 12" kids bike during those bar spins? prolly not

and once more.. what about the lawn? :confused:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Amazing that a camera shooting at 0.5 frames per second doesn't show the whole story.

Hell I've done shltty x-ups that barely got captured at 24fps. Probably moving at 800mph as well.
it's their zapruder film....let them have it party pooper.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I realize that arguing with you is pointless, but hey, I do lots of pointless stuff! :D

You're right... driving, flying, crashing, sliding, swooshing (or what ever f ing verb u choose) without leaving as much as golfer's sized divot... huh? neat
Yes it is possible to fly over a lawn without leaving even a divot.

Care to elaborate with that there? Or are talking about a different pentagon?
Or are you not even reading whats posted before inserting such bass ackwards rubbish?

That picture represents the official version (that you believe in), not mine. Thanks for solidifying my point further. :thumb:
This picture was in which "Official Version"? I admit I have not seen the full "Official Version". Maybe you can cite the government document which contains this quality photochop?

You are telling me that the aircraft came in level and only inches above the ground? I never heard about that.

Hell I've done shltty x-ups that barely got captured at 24fps.
Don't worry woo your x-ups are just fine.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Government acquisition procedures always result in high-definition super-high-resolution image-stopping cameras in parking lots.

I'd also like to know how they killed everyone on Flight 77 and loaded so many identifiable remains, along with much of the identifiable parts of not just a 757, but Flight 77's plane in particular, onto a cruise missile which they then loaded onto a plane which fired it into the wall of the Pentagon just a short time later.

The mystery of how it flew over the lawn without blowing up the grass also weighs heavily on my mind.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, I'm also up at night wondering why the wall didn't have a perfectly plane-shaped hole in it. Every time Yosemite Sam runs through a wall, the outline looks just like him!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oh, I'm also up at night wondering why the wall didn't have a perfectly plane-shaped hole in it. Every time Yosemite Sam runs through a wall, the outline looks just like him!
....maybe they would believe a big black plane shaped hole painted on the side of the pentagon......

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I realize that arguing with you is pointless, but hey, I do lots of pointless stuff! :D
:D I like to think of it as more of a pointless debate with no real beginning or end. It’s all rather humorous, the official version (absolutely ridiculous) and most of the half baked nut job theories as well.

Here, take a look at all of NIST’s official pictures and explanations, government bought and approved for our viewing pleasure…

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build03/PDF/b03017.pdf

The plane supposedly folded itself precisely into it’s own hole (which was under sized) without leaving much more than a boogie board sized piece of fuselage conveniently placed 50 or so yards from the side wall of the pentagon. Meanwhile the remaining 225000lbs of plane debris simply vanished/melted/disintegrated/whatever to the point of showing no trace other than a wheel rim that closely resembles that of a 757 and coincidentally a global hawk plan. The section of engine that was shown to the public has been deemed highly controversial.

Yes it is possible to fly over a lawn without leaving even a divot.
Yes of course it is, but impossible when there is 20ft of plane height missing from the video. What happened to the extra height if it didn't gouge itself through the earth?? Remember the 757 stands taller than half the height of the pentagon’s side wall at it’s tallest point.

You are telling me that the aircraft came in level and only inches above the ground? I never heard about that.
No, our government is telling us this, not me.

Don't worry woo your x-ups are just fine.
They are, but I prefer his

O the good old days, huh kid?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'd also like to know how they killed everyone on Flight 77 and loaded so many identifiable remains, along with much of the identifiable parts of not just a 757, but Flight 77's plane in particular, onto a cruise missile which they then loaded onto a plane which fired it into the wall of the Pentagon just a short time later.
fvcking magnets

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Yes?? :rofl::rofl:

especially if you think this

is how the plane impacted the pentagon.
So if one was to be considered an idiot for believing that the 757 struck the pentagon in the way the above picture illustrates, what would that make some of you and the rest of the world out to be?:confused:

anyone care to explain this contradiction?

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Nano thermite that only the DOD and very few others have access to collected all over the WTC site, ... and I'm the idiot??
No, just not well informed. 1) WTF about DOD-only nano powders? I can buy nano powders. They're used in chemistry, and the only special thing about them is that they are ground up extra fine, thus having more surface area, which improves yield in some, but not all, reactions. 2) As far as I can tell, the "scientists" that "found" there was tons thermite all over are either willfully conducting sh1tty investigations to get publicity generating results or are incompetent as scientists. Probably both.

Also, food for thought, although I am sure it won't convince anyone buying a conspiracy swamp: a tremendous hole in conspiracy theories across the board has to do with the nature of the people and the competence of the organizations involved. People are teh suck at keeping secrets, and governments or large organizations are not known for being particularly awesome at getting things done quietly, efficiently, or, really, at all. Planning, coordinating, executing, and then covering up the installation of a public toilet would be a logistical problem bordering on or well into the impossible.

(Conversely, if your organization had the wherewithal to organize and then cover up tremendous amounts of actually important stuff, the group definitely would not be so incompetent as to leave loose ends.)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No, just not well informed. 1) WTF about DOD-only nano powders? I can buy nano powders. They're used in chemistry, and the only special thing about them is that they are ground up extra fine, thus having more surface area, which improves yield in some, but not all, reactions. 2) As far as I can tell, the "scientists" that "found" there was tons thermite all over are either willfully conducting sh1tty investigations to get publicity generating results or are incompetent as scientists. Probably both.

Also, food for thought, although I am sure it won't convince anyone buying a conspiracy swamp: a tremendous hole in conspiracy theories across the board has to do with the nature of the people and the competence of the organizations involved. People are teh suck at keeping secrets, and governments or large organizations are not known for being particularly awesome at getting things done quietly, efficiently, or, really, at all. Planning, coordinating, executing, and then covering up the installation of a public toilet would be a logistical problem bordering on or well into the impossible.

(Conversely, if your organization had the wherewithal to organize and then cover up tremendous amounts of actually important stuff, the group definitely would not be so incompetent as to leave loose ends.)
Your problem is that your using "logic" and "evidence" when you think/talk about this with the conspiracy nuts. We can't be having that. :disgust1:

Last edited:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA

Even if it is easy to acquire, still does not explain all the other anomalies associated with those buildings falling into their own footprints so neatly. What about building #7, all rebuttals seem to steer completely around the unanswered questions with this collapse?

Whistle blowers come along quite often, unfortunately they are usually stopped dead in there tracks not by our government, but by people like yourself who take an aspect that can be doubted and use it to discredit an ocean of unanswered, legitimate questions… it’s now in modern times a self regulating system that needs no real enforcement.

The strange occurrences with the pentagon shown above are enough for me to realize there is foul play here and an enormous amount of half truths and cover ups… I don’t need to be a chemist to realize this.

There was things that happened that day that were almost magician like and I don’t find smoke and mirrors entertaining.

But hey, the more society turns their cheek to it and considers it all good, the longer we will be held from the truth and its motives of that pale day in history.

Still waiting for the contradiction of the above plane impact though…:confused:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Your problem is that your using "logic" and "evidence" when you think/talk about this with the conspiracy nuts. We can't be having that. :disgust1:
Take a real look at some of the explainations the authorities have fed us like the plane impact angle and elevation above the grass at the pentagon that was considered so idiotic, and ask yourself about that logic thingy your so proud of.:rolleyes:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Here, take a look at all of NIST’s official pictures and explanations, government bought and approved for our viewing pleasure…

http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build03/PDF/b03017.pdf
Thank you! I had not read this.

The plane supposedly folded itself precisely into it’s own hole (which was under sized) without leaving much more than a boogie board sized piece of fuselage conveniently placed 50 or so yards from the side wall of the pentagon.
Well here's the "official" story:

The width of the severe damage to the west facade of the Pentagon
was approximately 120 ft (from column lines 8 to 20).The
projected width, perpendicular to the path of the aircraft, was
approximately 90 ft, which is substantially less than the 125 ft
wingspan of the aircraft (figure 6.1). An examination of the area
encompassed by extending the line of travel of the aircraft to the
face of the building shows that there are no discrete marks on the
building corresponding to the positions of the outer third of the
right wing. The size and position of the actual opening in the
facade of the building (from column line 8 to column line 18)
indicate that no portion of the outer two-thirds of the right wing
and no portion of the outer one-third of the left wing actually
entered the building.

It is possible that less of the right wing than the left wing
entered the building because the right wing struck the facade
crossing the level of the second-floor slab.The strength of the second-
floor slab in its own plane would have severed the right wing
approximately at the location of the right engine. The left wing
did not encounter a slab, so it penetrated more easily.

In any event, the evidence suggests that the tips of both wings
did not make direct contact with the facade of the building and
that portions of the wings might have been separated from the fuselage before the aircraft struck the building. This is consistent
with eyewitness statements that the right wing struck a large generator
before the aircraft struck the building and that the left
engine struck a ground-level, external vent structure. It is possible
that these impacts, which occurred not more than 100 ft before
the nose of the aircraft struck the building, may have damaged the
wings and caused debris to strike the Pentagon facade and the heliport
control building...... Bla bla bla

Most likely, the wings of the aircraft were severed as the aircraft
penetrated the facade of the building. Even if portions of the
wings remained intact after passing through the plane of the
facade, the structural damage pattern indicates that the wings
were severed before the aircraft penetrated more than a few
dozen feet into the building.
Doesn't sound all that crazy to me.

Meanwhile the remaining 225000lbs of plane debris simply vanished/melted/disintegrated/whatever to the point of showing no trace other than a wheel rim that closely resembles that of a 757 and coincidentally a global hawk plan. The section of engine that was shown to the public has been deemed highly controversial.
Ok so lets go to the official document again:

The damage pattern throughout the building and the
locations of fatalities and aircraft components, together with the
deformation of columns, suggest that the entire aircraft disintegrated
rapidly as it moved through the forest of columns on the
first floor.As the moving debris from the aircraft pushed the contents
and demolished exterior wall of the building forward, the
debris from the aircraft and building most likely resembled a rapidly
moving avalanche through the first floor of the building.
I can believe that a plane hitting a concrete and steel reinforced structure at several hundred mph would essentially disintegrate.

Yes of course it is, but impossible when there is 20ft of plane height missing from the video. What happened to the extra height if it didn't gouge itself through the earth?? Remember the 757 stands taller than half the height of the pentagon’s side wall at it’s tallest point.
Is this the video frame you are talking about?

View attachment 102284

I don't see anything suggesting that the plane is missing 20 ft. Honestly I can't even tell if the whole plane is in the frame or not. Is that the tail or is that the white buildings in the background which are shown in figures 3.4 - 3.7? Also in your calculation of the height of the plane have you included adjustments for perspective? Figure 3.14 and 3.15 show that the plane was approaching at an angle to the front of the building so the distance between the plane and the camera would be different than the distance between the camera and the Pentagon.

So if one was to be considered an idiot for believing that the 757 struck the pentagon in the way the above picture illustrates, what would that make some of you and the rest of the world out to be?:confused:

anyone care to explain this contradiction?
My bad. You were right about the approach angle to the pentagon.

There was things that happened that day that were almost magician like and I don’t find smoke and mirrors entertaining.
I dunno the explanation of "a bigass aircraft crashed into some buildings and blew that sh!t up" seems pretty plausible to me.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
*sigh* Its okay. I understand you just have a desperate need to live in a world where everything has an explanation, and and it all fits in a nice, neat, concise package where somebody, even if its a malevolent somebody, is in control. Religious nut jobs do the same thing, its not any different.

One cannot go through too many days on this planet without running into a conspiracy theory or two. My first experience with a believer in one of these theories was many years ago, when I ran into a John Birch Society representative. They actually believed in quite a few conspiracies at once, but the foundation stone of their theories was that Dwight Eisenhower was the chief communist agent operating in the Western World. How else to explain his meteoric rise from Lt. Col. in the U.S. Army to (Four-Star) General in three short years? Of course, the easiest explanation would be that he was good at his job, and that the U.S. entered the Second World War during that time which saw the need for active officers increase twelve fold. Additionally, lots of people on active duty in 1941 were quickly promoted after the war began in earnest. Omar Bradley, Dwight Eisenhower, and George Patton, three of the most famous American generals of the war, all started out as (Full-bird) Colonels in 1941, before the U.S. entry on 8 Dec. 1941. All became Four-star Generals by 1945.

As I spoke with the Bircher, I suggested there were four simple, and believable, factors that influenced Eisenhower's quick promotion: there was a war; officers who fought and commanded well were needed; a lot of officers died, so those who lived were promoted quickly to fill in gaps; and finally, his reputation for exceptional personal and organizational skills - exactly what a high-placed general officer needed to put together such huge operations with multi-national forces. But this was too simple for my Bircher acquaintance: he preferred to believe a vast communist conspiracy placed Eisenhower in just the right positions, and ensured he was promoted quickly, so he would be in position to be President -as if anyone could predict all of the events that culminated in his ultimate election. I suggested that such a belief defies simple logic. But the Bircher would have none of it.

Many skeptics and debunkers, such as Michael Shermer, point out the obvious shortcomings in many of these theories. For instance, to pull off a faked moon landing would require that thousands of people were in on the hoax, and stayed quiet all this time. A similar problem plagues Kennedy assassination theorists.

As David Aaronovitch states, "After the JFK assassination, it was unbearable to many people that they could live in a country where a lone gunman could kill a president. In those circumstances, it’s not surprising that an overarching conspiracy theory emerges." In his new book, Voodoo Histories: The Role of the Conspiracy Theory in Shaping Modern History, he posits that it simply makes people feel more secure to think that organized human agency was responsible for horrific acts such as the JFK assassination than to allow the chaotic power of a crazed gunman to intrude into their comfortable worlds.

Recent examples include the various 9/11 theories, which suggest everything from blaming Israel to blaming an enormous conspiracy within the Bush administration, and the Obama birthers, lest we be accused of partisanship, who contend that President Obama was not born in the U.S. and that his parents faked their announcement in the Honolulu newspaper in order to ensure he could be President someday. Numerous flaws can easily be demonstrated in all of these theories. Obviously, these theories fill an emotional or psychic need within their advocates, and very few will allow reason to intrude as long as their need is met by their conspiratorial claims.
http://patricktherogue.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-people-believe-conspiracy-theories.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-people-believe-in-conspiracies

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2010/02/03/david_aaronovitch_conspiracy_theories

Just to keep it alive.

http://www.debunking911.com/

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I can believe that a plane hitting a concrete and steel reinforced structure at several hundred mph would essentially disintegrate.

I dunno the explanation of "a bigass aircraft crashed into some buildings and blew that sh!t up" seems pretty plausible to me.
This is my biggest beef with a lot of the :tinfoil: people. Airplanes, even BIG airplanes, and a 757 certainly qualifies as big, are still ultimately pretty fragile machines. Any airplane is built to with stand loads and stress only in certain ways, i.e. landing, flight, and pressurization, but any unusual load or stress outside of the designed/planned envelope or expected condition, even small ones are devastating to aircraft. Remember the stealth fighter crash in Maryland? Aileron "flutter" caused the wing to literally rip of the aircraft. Only smallish pieces of it were left and it didn't even "hit" anything.
This c130 and its lack of proper maintenance killed three people in California, again leaving not much more than a smoking hole and some horrific video.
I see it all the time at work. Ramper with a belt loader is the most dangerous thing in aviation. Ever seen bird strike damage? Look at the damage a small to mid size bird is capable of inflicting and you begin to understand the term "kinetic energy".

Both of these images are of small, slowish aircraft hitting smallish fleshy, squishy birds. Know what happens when big birds meet large aircraft?

Extrapolate that out to VERY large aircraft moving at really high speeds (500mph plus?) with a sh*t ton of fuel on board, having its Newtonian first law violated by large concrete/steel/marble buildings. To me its more difficult to believe that anything would survive than vise versa.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Extrapolate that out to VERY large aircraft moving at really high speeds (500mph plus?) with a sh*t ton of fuel on board, having its Newtonian first law violated by large concrete/steel/marble buildings. To me its more difficult to believe that anything would survive than vise versa.
You mean real life is not like LOST where the plane crashes and everything is still recognizable and in pretty good condition other than falling apart? :eek:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Yeah, but all those aircraft you've shown are using stressed skin construction where the majority of the plane volume is air. None of you seem to understand that modern commercial aircraft are actually hewn from a solid lump of iron.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Yeah, but all those aircraft you've shown are using stressed skin construction where the majority of the plane volume is air. None of you seem to understand that modern commercial aircraft are actually hewn from a solid lump of iron.
Jesus holds it up.