Quantcast

I've decided...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
that I need to throw in the towl. Since my injury I've felt really good but the harsh reality is that my head won't be the same. I got a call from my doctor today telling me to come and see him.
I'm out of the game for about two years, so no racing, no bike riding in general. I truely havn't been this upset for so long.
Two years without riding seems like so long, when the time comes that I will be able to ride, I doubt I will be that interested.
I've decided to sell my practically new Ventana and my BRAND NEW Iron Horse Porter.
The Ventana is going for $3,500, and the Iron Horse fully built, going for $1000.
I hope I will stay around the monkey, but it's continually talking about something I love, but can't do anymore.
Sorry to anyone I ever pissed off, and thanks to everyone who helped me, and who ever made little jokes on my behalf:) .

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SPAM!

Just kidding dude, sorry to hear it. Just keep that noggin safe. Better to have no riding for two years than be a walking vegetable for the rest of your life.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yup get a roadie, there are plenty of women in road cycling....

Hopefully you can get better news from the doc. If your head is really bonked out from the injury a couple of years will pass in no time.:)

Seriously good luck to you and i hope you find happiness is whatever venture you decide to put forth. Here's to seeing you back on the bike sooner than later.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Dude, that REALLY sucks. Well, Docs always overestimate these things. Stay fit and healthy and I'm sure you'll be better faster than 2 years. Good luck, stay positive and stay on RM.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Possibly, if I can sell my Ventana, I might keep my Porter, and buy a trailbike and try to keep riding very mellow. I was just in my shop looking at all my things, and I don't think I can really quit what I love.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
There is hardly anything on this earth that would make me give up riding.
But being spoon fed runny oatmeal for the rest of my life while having daily sharts is one of them.

Be carefull and heal up.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
sorry to hear that man.. but you could temporarily get a roadie.. and if your able to ride in 2 yrs im sure the passion to ride will still be in you...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sucks to hear Price, but i think it's the wise decision. a brain ain't something to screw w/ ; i hear they are pretty important.

hopefully you will find a new creative outlet for yr energies, be it mental or physical.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Bummer to hear it, Price. You are probably doing what's for the best though. Two years will go by in a flash and I doubt your desire to ride will go away. And since when do you have to actually ride a bike to post on the monkey? I bet half the people on here don't ride. :rofl:

ThePriceSeliger said:
Sorry to anyone I ever pissed off
I accept your apology.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
That says a lot that at your age you could make that kind of decision. And you don't have to take up knitting. You can probably still do some light riding or even ride on a trainer. I know it's not the same at all, but two years is nothing in the span of an entire life.

An we better still see your face around here ;)