Quantcast

I've got something wrong with my wood...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Seriously.

Every now and then, we get a bad bunk of lumber that has exploded in mold from being transported, at some time or another, in the rain. Of course we return it---you don't want that stuff in your roof trusses, do ya? But, before we do....we document and photograph to cover our butts. As I was out there today, I thought I would get a few closeups of the nasty. Enjoy.

Gross, huh? :dead:

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
any idea where the mill the lumber is coming from?

looks like the lumber is green (not kiln dried) and humid conditions can cause this mold.

its just ugly and dosen't affect the strength of the lumber. but like almost if not all molds it is a health hazzard.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks nice :dead:

Oh, I contacted my builder and we are getting trusses but because he builds so many houses in the area, he's got a fee if we go to contractors other than his. If it were a standard construction deal it'd be fine, of course, but because we don't have any of the construction loans or anything...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
Looks nice :dead:

Oh, I contacted my builder and we are getting trusses but because he builds so many houses in the area, he's got a fee if we go to contractors other than his....

I might have to talk to this fella.....schmooze him into buying from us.