Quantcast

Ive had enough, help me out...

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
Im done with aluminum hardtail frames... Im in need of a chromoly hardtail frame that can handle a 170mm fork and has horizontal drops. basically want something like the vagrant but steel w/ horizontal drops. Whats available?
I feel like im gonna have to team up with a welder and build my own. i cant seem to be able to find what i need.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Im done with aluminum hardtail frames... Im in need of a chromoly hardtail frame that can handle a 170mm fork and has horizontal drops. basically want something like the vagrant but steel w/ horizontal drops. Whats available?
I feel like im gonna have to team up with a welder and build my own. i cant seem to be able to find what i need.
see if you can find a banshee scratch.

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
Hey, I wanna make you a question: why do you wanna put 170mm
fork to hardtail? Rear won't get any smoother with it?

Latest issue (#73) of Dirt Mag is "hardtail only" special. I think there are
pretty smart articles about hardtails and how long forks should they be
used with.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
there are plenty Dialled Alpines about already in the UK.

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
for a while i was running a dmr trailstar with a stratos superstar 8.

Most redonkulous setup ever, but it was still fun.

In a way a big fork does give you some rear suspension, in that when you jump on the pedals you compress the fork, so it kinda works.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i love that the dude posts up a request for horizontal dropout cromo frames and gets a boat-load of suggestions for vertical dropout aluminum hardtails. what next, somone gonna suggest a ti-squishy?

the suggestion for a balfa minuteman in the used pages was solid. any frame that can handle a 30ft drop with super t on the front will hold up to whatever you can dish out.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
i love that the dude posts up a request for horizontal dropout cromo frames and gets a boat-load of suggestions for vertical dropout aluminum hardtails. what next, somone gonna suggest a ti-squishy?
I was thinking the same thing lol

the suggestion for a balfa minuteman in the used pages was solid. any frame that can handle a 30ft drop with super t on the front will hold up to whatever you can dish out.
Im gonna go take a peek right now.