Quantcast

i've never seen any of the star wars movies....

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
They should've skipped the retarded race scene - which was about 20 minutes long IIRC - and spent the time on more light saber battles.
u re just jealous ur reaction time is not fast enough and u don t have the balls to hook up a kayak to a couple of rolls royce jet engines with just two ropes and then rip through the grand canyon while skipping sniper shots.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
1 wasn't that bad...although the removal of Jar Jar would have made the movie a lot better. 2 was good for development and 3 tied it all together nicely. I would see them exactly in order....you would also get a better understanding of what is going on as well....D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so, the agreement seems to be
4-5-6

then 1-2-3.

alright. tomorrow monday, i'll dedicate my afternoon to watch a classic.
no distractions, blasting speakers, closed drapes, lights off.

any previous read anyone recommends?
so i dont get lost in the story, miss details or something???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Alexis, do you know about Luke Skywalker? Do you know about his famly?

If not, then watch 4-6, then 1-3.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Alexis, do you know about Luke Skywalker? Do you know about his famly?

If not, then watch 4-6, then 1-3.
almost nothing.
at least one of stars wars comes up on tv like every week on cable or on-air tv. i always tried not to see, read or learn anything from them. i wanted to watch it with time, calmly.
i didnt watch movies when i was a kid, sitting 2-3 hours in front of a tv was waaaay beyond my attention span. plus my english wasnt good enough when i was 10-12 to watch a whole movie and pick up everything. (translations, specially with witty classics like woody allen, usually suck donkey balls).

so when i was a kid i figured out, i'll watch the classics later.
for example, i saw the godfather for the first time just last year at age 23. same thing with the graduate, annie hall, casablanca, citizen kane and many other classics i watched for the first time in the last 12 months.

but, the only thing i could not shield myself from is the "luke am your father".
besides that, i dont know anything else about him, other than he is a kid who races in one of the new star wars.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
1 wasn't that bad...although the removal of Jar Jar would have made the movie a lot better. 2 was good for development and 3 tied it all together nicely. I would see them exactly in order....you would also get a better understanding of what is going on as well....D
I agree. All those movies were about the same. Bad acting but great entertainment.
People seem to forget that they watched 4,5,6 through the eyes of a child, and they watched 1,2,3, through the eyes of some dude with old wrinkled balls, jaded after years of being stuck in a office cubicle.
They blame Lucas for their lives.;)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
My wife is a teacher and recently had a student who did just that. Foreign student, adult, had never seen Star Wars. He watched them 1 2 3 4 5 6 order and was dissapointed. He said that givin the chance, next time he'd watch them in 4 5 6 1 2 3 order.
true that.

i watched star wars for the first time 7 years ago in ep # order (and became a big sw nerd ever since, btw)... and it was underwhelming.

makes a whole lot more sense to watch 4,5,6 first.

yoda looks like a ridiculous prop in the original trilogy.

will watch it again, starting with 4,5,6.... as enough time has passed that I dont remember much of the details.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
So, I watched in episode order, over 10 years ago.

Takes from watching the prequels before the original trilogy.

- I never thought of Darth Vader as "the" bad guy. He mostly came up to me as grown up emo hung up on his childhood limitations. Almost a secondary character in my book.
- Darth Maul. This is *the* badass of the series. Never saw an action villain of his caliber again in all of star wars. Most menacing bad guy.
- Palpatine. I would consider Star Wars to be about him. Cunning, greatly acted, awesome lines and delivery.
- Count Dooku and Obi Wan. If only I could be as cool at age 70+.
- Yoda´s scenes in Empire Strikes back are the stuff religions are made from/start.
- Luke? Almost secondary character in the overall arc. Obi Wan and Palpatine become far more substantial.

Star Wars change a lot, if you alter the watching order.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Really? I thought darth maul was all visuals, no real menace even as a silent-killer type. Kind of a disappointment, but at least he wasn't as much of one as the force-bacteria. Vader had personality and his own severe charm.

Edit: And he was no doubt ruined for you by being introduced as kid Aniken. Ugh, I hate those movies so much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Really? I thought darth maul was all visuals, no real menace even as a silent-killer type. Kind of a disappointment, but at least he wasn't as much of one as the force-bacteria. Vader had personality and his own severe charm.

Edit: And he was no doubt ruined for you by being introduced as kid Aniken. Ugh, I hate those movies so much.
in the movies, Maul was almost irrelevant. i didn't come to appreciate him more until the cartoon series.