Quantcast

I've self Diagnosed myself as a workoholic

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I just realized I have exactly a month left in my summer! :eek:

I have not had time to ride more than probably 30 hours this whole summer. That is disgraceful! I took three jobs, and one of them was waaaay more involved than I thought it would be. I was working 75 hours there, and still booking myself for time at my other jobs. I'd say I have had a total of less than 10 days off since June first. The intensive job just ended, so I am trying to work as close to full time at the shop as I can.

I feel like when I am not working, I'd just be sitting on my ass wasting time.

I can't figure out why I cant just take some time off, and get out and ride more!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
work has been gettin me down lately too, especially recently. this whole summer has been sparse riding (and i mean SPARSE) between races. but ive been able to hit every race in the area. and now they want me to complete all my cad work as well as go upstairs and work at least 15 hours over-time fabricating these stupid kiosk doors. When I told them I was just going to end up falling behind on both jobs, they told me they didnt care, that both need to get done, they cant find anyone to help, and if i dont like it, quit. (when i got the job they told me there would be mandatory overtime) the best part was, last friday I was the ONLY person in the shop working. 2 lazy ass people came in worked for 15 mins and decided they didnt have the motivation to work that day. cant find me help my ass :angry: im a force fed workaholic. but i do enjoy what I do for the most part, so i dont have enough reasons to quit..... yet.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I havent had a job all summer. It has been nice and it also has been really crappy. I like all the free time but sometimes I am really, really bored and could use the extra money. I could have bought a new bike with a summer job but oh well I guess.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
RideND said:
I havent had a job all summer. It has been nice and it also has been really crappy. I like all the free time but sometimes I am really, really bored and could use the extra money. I could have bought a new bike with a summer job but oh well I guess.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
you have the rest of your life to work your ass off, i sure as hell wouldnt do it right now. i took a semester off from work. i didnt do anything with my spare time and got depressed. i started back to work this summer, and have gotten back into riding, running and yoga. i love to work, it gives me a set schedule (that i need or i turn into a lazy loser), but i couldnt do it for 75 hours a week. i find that with a job, i value me free time that much more. take some time for yourself, you may not rememeber how much you enjoy it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
I've been in bed watching TV for 2 months.

suck it.
word.2.5 months for me now im back at work. still no riding, climbing, or fly fishing but at least im out of the house. i didnt even have cable. i got one local channel and all it was was hockey ( :dead: ) and basketball ( :dead: ) im glad to be back at work.