Quantcast

IXS European Downhill Cup 2010 - 7 races, 7 countries

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If only Spizak was a nicer place ;) I know other Czech tracks are further away from the rest of yurp but Innerleithen isn't close either.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Be interesting to see the IXS at Inners, I hope it attracts a lot of euro riders, and they're not put off by it being slightly harder to get to than the continental rounds.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yay! Three of those are within an hours drive of me, with Chatel being one of my local tracks.

Sweet.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Actually, here's my vid from IXS Verbier too:

God the quality is sht in both of these. Blast-from-the-past though, I haven't watched these in ages.

I have ridden the Pila track too. So so sweet.

Bring on 2010.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I didn't really enjoy Pila when we were there, apart from the run down to Aosta. Chatel had some great tracks though, I'd love to race on any of those.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Pila is an awesome place! Some of the tracks there will make for some scary race courses. Some of those rock garden chutes were insane!
When we were there, there was some new tracks over on the secret chairlift. Holy sht. Awesome! 2100m vertical descending on the sweetest flowing singletrack. They made it specially for a enduro dh race. We were amongst the first to ride it. Best singletrack I've ridden in a long while.

2100m vertical descent...

Me on the right, the other two are punters we were guiding

Last edited:

SupaTone

Monkey
Jun 5, 2008
French Alps
IXS European Cups are well organised and have some great prizes too, with the tracks they are covering in 2010... and cheaper than racing thats organised in the UK - its a win, win situation!