Quantcast

J-Drop workaround

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Is there any way to go down Backbone from The Hub, skip J-Drop and take some other trail to end up on Sullivan Fire Road? Supposed to ride a loop this weekend and J-Drop will be nothing but J-Mud.
Any ideas?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'm pretty sure that's the only way back to sullivan unless you were to ride all the way down to Will Rogers and take the road back, which would be a pretty quick loop, too.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I'm pretty sure that's the only way back to sullivan unless you were to ride all the way down to Will Rogers and take the road back, which would be a pretty quick loop, too.
By road I'm assuming you mean Sunset? That's what I was afraid of. Looking on Google Maps I see some trails past J-Drop with some almost to Will Rogers but can't tell exactly where they hook up to.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I'd never actually ride ON Sunset, there's a sidewalk that you can ride all the way back to Amalfi/Capri. I used to do that loop before I discovered J-drop, not too bad. I don't know anything about the trails further down, though.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I'd never actually ride ON Sunset, there's a sidewalk that you can ride all the way back to Amalfi/Capri. I used to do that loop before I discovered J-drop, not too bad. I don't know anything about the trails further down, though.
Gotcha, thanks :thumb:
I'm going with others and they may try to slog down J-Drop so I don't know if riding down to Sunset then up Amalfi will be short enough to not make them wait forever.
I might have to slog... :disgust1:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
no offense to you but it may not be the best time to ride that trail right after a rain, there are places that are clay based and will be really muddy. better time to go ride Sullivan Ridge and do some trail work. Seem to be a lot of people getting pretty worked up about bikers riding trails right after rains and doing lots of trail damage.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
no offense to you but it may not be the best time to ride that trail right after a rain, there are places that are clay based and will be really muddy. better time to go ride Sullivan Ridge and do some trail work. Seem to be a lot of people getting pretty worked up about bikers riding trails right after rains and doing lots of trail damage.
None taken, I actually feel the same way. The ride was scheduled last week before we knew how much rain would be coming. I may skip the whole thing after all :(