Quantcast

J M P Illegal Trail Builders - Stop IT!!!

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
Your actions have come to light. The park police are aware of it. Just cut it out.

Do you have any idea the kind of battles we have fought and won to keep the park open to bikes just to have you come along and dig up areas between trails?

WTF???
:disgust1:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i haven't seen these trails, but i imagine that they could be the brainchild of the same person or people that were trying to put ladders up on cinderella. wtf are you thinking? it doesn't take much to understand that building secret trails is illegal. i wouldn't have a problem with it if they were approved by the park, but with the huge number of bicyclist-hating equestrians and hikers, i am pretty frusterated. those people have been trying to push us out of the park entirely, and although we have been holding ground for awhile, actions like these could push our luck with having access to the park.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have to totally agree with Dan_ger. I love JM and it is a great place for a quickie DH run.

I would have to imagine it was a huge effort to allow access to mountain bikes at JM, and it is still one of the few places to ride your downhill bike legally in the Bay Area.

Don't blow it for the rest of us. Do it at Berkeley, since it is already illegal to ride there!

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
Don't blow it for the rest of us. Do it at Berkeley, since it is already illegal to ride there!
Or how about not doing it at all on public lands where it is illegal?

Better yet, why don't you see how your mom feels when you dig up her garden to make bike jumps in your own backyard?